Kohler fuel pump kits

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I finally remembered to check again to see if "Then and Now Automotive" had a working website and discussed by @JDJake in @KennyP s NTM Case 224 thread. Their site up and operational now and they do have a much more detailed Kohler fuel pump rebuild kit than any other place I've searched. This link Is what turned up.

Now my issue is I still don't know which kit to order for the pump from my MF 1450 with a Kohler 321 in it. They are all the same price, and the diaphram rod is the "common" style that is shown on a couple of those kits. The valves look like they may work, but there is some kind of retainer over the "IN" port side valve. No numbers on the pump are the same as any numbers on that website.

Pics of the pump I have.
DSCN3785.JPG DSCN3786.JPG DSCN3787.JPG

The cheap Chinese plastic one I installed is working well, but I thought if this pump could be rebuilt, it would be a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated as to which kit to order and how to get that valve on the right in the first pic, out of the pump! Hope maybe this link might help someone else that may want to rebuild their Kohler fuel pump too!

DAC

I looked at their site and am with you on deciding 'which' to get. I have a couple with the 'primer handle' I'd like to rebuild. Hope someone can enlighten us.

I bought 4 Chinese plastic ones from eBay, there's so many of them out there and no way to know if one seller is selling the same one as the next guy.
Aft the 1st 2 filled their crankcases with oil I returned the other 2. I'm glad this was brought back up as I have 2 old metal bodies ones apart in a coffee can on the bench that I took apart to see if I could ID the right rebuild kits

I finally remembered to check again to see if "Then and Now Automotive" had a working website and discussed by @JDJake in @KennyP s NTM Case 224 thread. Their site up and operational now and they do have a much more detailed Kohler fuel pump rebuild kit than any other place I've searched. This link Is what turned up.

Now my issue is I still don't know which kit to order for the pump from my MF 1450 with a Kohler 321 in it. They are all the same price, and the diaphram rod is the "common" style that is shown on a couple of those kits. The valves look like they may work, but there is some kind of retainer over the "IN" port side valve. No numbers on the pump are the same as any numbers on that website.

Pics of the pump I have.
View attachment 43661 View attachment 43662 View attachment 43663

The cheap Chinese plastic one I installed is working well, but I thought if this pump could be rebuilt, it would be a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated as to which kit to order and how to get that valve on the right in the first pic, out of the pump! Hope maybe this link might help someone else that may want to rebuild their Kohler fuel pump too!

DAC
Doug, that retainer is a little wire clip used to hold the valve in place, I'm pretty sure there should be one on each valve. They can be popped out with a small flat tipped screwdriver or pick tool, I'm pretty sure the AC-4S-A kit is the one your looking for. The one kit is for a vacuum operated pump, two have the special Kohler diaphragm

Last edited:
Thank-you all for the comments! I better see if I can get those valves out before I order then. I still have a chance of trashing the casting or finding more damage during the teardown!

DAC

Ancient thread I know ...
I ordered 2 of these kits on 5/29 from "then and now", not here yet, just passing this on as info
Cost me $84.25 with tax, shipping and added "handling fee".
I have 2 old school aluminum Kohler pumps, original diaphragms were hard as concrete, wouldn't have trusted them to work or not very long anyway. Will be better than Chinese imposters that have done a great job of filling the crankcases of the engines I tried them on with gas ...

When I ordered a kit from them, one kit was 54 bucks! Price came down considerably!

@olcowhand or @Sawdust could you make this link a sticky, or pin it so it can easily be found?

It sure seems this is the only place to get a complete Kohler fuel pump rebuild kit. Thanks again JDJake for supplying that!

DAC
I’m not authorized to do any thing like that just keep an eye out on spammers so far. This forum has several management people identified on their avatar but very seldom are on here.

Got my kits in the mail this past Tuesday
Ordered the end of May.
About 3 weeks turnaround time.
I called several times the week before last and got voicemail. I finally got thru this past Monday and he checked his tracking, said they were at my PO which was closed for this new holiday they created a few years ago. Just got them assembled this morning.
Both of my pumps are the same except they have different styles of pump arms that ride on the cam lobe. Same part numbers as each other stamped in them.
Mine are different than what is shown above, and in the videos on their YT channel, they have a video of these very pumps and a how to about them
They describe some differences /variations of these pumps but don't show them all Mine have another cover with 6 little screws holding the plate on the back side, covering those valves.
The valves are included in the kit but at least in the kits they sent me the gaskets for that 6screw metal cover weren't.
Mine are all back together now, was wanting to pop one on an engine that I think might have a dead pump on it this afternoon but ran outta time.

Back