Looking at a Cub

I picked up the 2 plows and reel mowers yesterday. I’m planning on going back for another load of attachments next weekend. There will be an update on the tractor coming soon. I have been working on it, and just have a few more small things to do before it’s ready to try starting it, possibly this week sometime.
View attachment 67718View attachment 67719
I sure would like to find some of those mowers for the fun of it did you get the hitch for them, and thanks for the update looking forward to the update on getting the Cub running

They do cut nice when they're sharp. The flatter the ground the better and they do cut on the short side..some you can set the height a little but they won't cut real high grass to good.
I’m not sure if the height is adjustable on these. Our yard is not very flat, and has a lot of obstacles to mow around, so I don’t really expect them to work good for me. My neighbor has a large, mostly flat yard though, I may have to talk him into letting me try them on his yard sometime.

Good deal does the 4 wheeler run, around here the snow plow would have some value the attachments look good hopefully the spreaders are not rusted solid the spinner one sure looks complicated compared to how they are made these days

Good deal does the 4 wheeler run, around here the snow plow would have some value the attachments look good hopefully the spreaders are not rusted solid the spinner one sure looks complicated compared to how they are made these days
Not sure yet, it has been sitting for quite a while. Probably at least need the carb cleaned. It doesn’t have a pull start, so I don’t even know if the motor is locked up or not yet. The drop spreader seems to be locked up, I haven’t really messed with it yet other than washing it. The broadcast spreader is missing a few parts, but everything spins freely.

I got it running over the weekend! I have been trying to figure out for almost 3 weeks why it had no spark, even with new points, condenser, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires. Not sure exactly what I did to fix it, but now it has good spark and started right up when I put gas in. It doesn’t smoke too bad, oil pressure seems good. Other than loose steering, it drives great. I took it up and down the dirt road a few times. I got two short videos of it running and driving.

707CC969-160E-48C3-BB48-AA172122F8CD.jpegEB24DFCB-762A-4C2D-AB0E-B5A9F81994D2.jpeg0347D9BB-63C5-4575-84F7-AB41735EBD7D.jpegF837507F-350A-44D0-8D39-982458A579D4.jpeg0F19C230-D4C0-4744-9059-74674EFC0A0E.jpeg

Looks like just the tractor you were needing for that long driveway, Cub! No more fun way to do that job than being on a great vintage tractor I bet!

DAC
I used to just make a pass up each side with my GTs, which worked, but I couldn’t get as far off the sides as I can with this. Plus there are lots of rocks, and I knew it was only a matter of time until I would have destroyed a mower deck. This is more fun too.

I used to just make a pass up each side with my GTs, which worked, but I couldn’t get as far off the sides as I can with this. Plus there are lots of rocks, and I knew it was only a matter of time until I would have destroyed a mower deck. This is more fun too.
You have needed this for a long time it sounds like, Cub! Mowing with a GT where they shouldn't be used.

DAC

Back