Made a score today!

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
Kenny, not sure if you know it or not, the way JD has the blade set is the pin goes through all the holes to lock it for down force. The other set of holes is where you put the pin through over the step in the mounting bracket. That allows the side plates to pivot and gives you a float feature. Some of the tractors this blade can fit on didn't have a float feature in the hydraulic controls.
I thought is was for pushing below grade. At least that is what the manual eluded to!

JDJake

Deere Herder
When mounted on Deere tractors and the pin being"locked" in, the blade will push below grade, my 54 blade on my 420 will lift the front of the tractor up about 4 to 6 inches. When I use it to push snow I move the pin to the front hole to allow the blade to ride over rocks or irregularities in the driveway.

KennyP

Alice's Creator
Staff member
When mounted on Deere tractors and the pin being"locked" in, the blade will push below grade, my 54 blade on my 420 will lift the front of the tractor up about 4 to 6 inches. When I use it to push snow I move the pin to the front hole to allow the blade to ride over rocks or irregularities in the driveway.
I'm not a fan of built-in float. I have operated all types of equipment for over 40 years and know when to adjust the hydraulics. I hate when I have to add weight to an implement to get it to 'dig'. Float sucks most of the time!

JDJake

Deere Herder
Depending on what you put it on, you may be surprised how fast that blade digs in. I've used mine for both, snow and gravel pushing. Sometimes I've found hydraulics weren't fast enough. Granted, most of the time I use float is doing snow removal.