Magnetic Finger

Not sure I see the value of those. They make things stick to your finger but why. Any place I can get my finger I can likely get a magnetic pickup tool. As far as manipulating things like a nut or washer the elimination of the sense of touch would be to detrimental for them to be of value. In the rare event that a magnet on the tip of a finger would be of benefit to me I could just wrap my finger with tape sticky side out and stick the magnet to that.
Don

Not sure I see the value of those. They make things stick to your finger but why. Any place I can get my finger I can likely get a magnetic pickup tool. As far as manipulating things like a nut or washer the elimination of the sense of touch would be to detrimental for them to be of value. In the rare event that a magnet on the tip of a finger would be of benefit to me I could just wrap my finger with tape sticky side out and stick the magnet to that.
Don
I've had several instances where I couldn't get two fingers in to get a nut started. But I have short fat fingers.

I've had several instances where I couldn't get two fingers in to get a nut started. But I have short fat fingers.
I have been in that position many times my self even though my fingers are not particularly short or fat. On a couple of occasions I have stuck a nut to my finger with double sided tape. I just find it hard to believe that the solution you have found would work well for me and provide $27 worth of benefit. I like Jason's Idea above except maybe buy a box of Harbor Freight nitrile gloves and some supper glue. One glove would for a few cents provide five tries at getting the magnet in the proper orientation for the job at hand. The version you have found provides no such flexibility. You seemed to be asking for opinions I hope mine doesn't offend. I would bet that in this group many people have much more effective ideas for handling the difficult fasteners. We just need to get them to speak up.
Don

Double stick tape doesn't last long here due to summer heat and humidity. Plus my fingers are usually too dirty for it to stick. Thought maybe someone else had tried these before.

I have a set of those telescopic magnetic sticks. I use the little one a lot starting hard to reach nuts. I simply attach the nut in various ways to the little magnet then hold it on the bolt while turning the bolt. I can’t see where the fingers would be beneficial for me.

Just press the plunger and the little fingers come out to grab whatever will fit. I also have a telescoping wand with a piece of hard drive magnet JB Welded to it. It will lift an 8" crescent carefully.

Attachments

• 2022-03-21 10.17.33.jpg
    2022-03-21 10.17.33.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2022-03-21 10.17.43.jpg
    2022-03-21 10.17.43.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 6
Just press the plunger and the little fingers come out to grab whatever will fit. I also have a telescoping wand with a piece of hard drive magnet JB Welded to it. It will lift an 8" crescent carefully.
Thanks for the clarification. I have actually used that type device at some point in my life. Just for retrieval of a dropped tool. Can't remember any details.
Don

Could get a couple of velco strips (one hook and one loop) with adhesive backing and glue or sew one (loop) to the end of a glove finger - maybe in the form of a U around the end of the finger. Then stick the other part (hook) to a small magnet and that way the magnet could be removed or repositioned on the glove near the end of the finger. Can cut the strips to the length required - just a suggestion
Here is a link to the type of Velcro tape package I was referring to VELCRO Brand 90075 Sticky Back | Hook and Loop Fasteners | Keep Things Organized and Connected | 3 1/2 x 3/4in | 4 Strips, Black : VELCRO USA: Amazon.ca: Home

Could get a couple of velco strips (one hook and one loop) with adhesive backing and glue or sew one (loop) to the end of a glove finger - maybe in the form of a U around the end of the finger. Then stick the other part (hook) to a small magnet and that way the magnet could be removed or repositioned on the glove near the end of the finger. Can cut the strips to the length required - just a suggestion
Here is a link to the type of Velcro tape package I was referring to VELCRO Brand 90075 Sticky Back | Hook and Loop Fasteners | Keep Things Organized and Connected | 3 1/2 x 3/4in | 4 Strips, Black : VELCRO USA: Amazon.ca: Home
Problem I have found with the sticky back velcro is the sticky isn't near as strong as the velcro so when you try to pull something off you have to hold the sitcky side with one hand and pull the item with the other. May been using the wrong stuff too.

Back