More tractors broke @$@)£*+#%

Propane1

Tractorologist
Son was using the MF 16 and was quitting. He found out the connector on the key switch was melted and switch looked bad. So. On the search for that soon.

Jumpins. Ford YT16H hydro no forward motion, next, Case 224 deck rusted and broke. Next MF 7 had belt and motor troubles. Belt troubles maybe fixed. And the spare lawn tractor cutter yardworks has a filled up flywheel and head from mice. Had it out the other day, and worked great. But got hot. So have to clean that out.

Jumpins. Never normally have so many tractors out of commission. Gettin low on tractors to cut grass. Hehe

Noel

Son was using the MF 16 and was quitting. He found out the connector on the key switch was melted and switch looked bad. So. On the search for that soon.

Jumpins. Ford YT16H hydro no forward motion, next, Case 224 deck rusted and broke. Next MF 7 had belt and motor troubles. Belt troubles maybe fixed. And the spare lawn tractor cutter yardworks has a filled up flywheel and head from mice. Had it out the other day, and worked great. But got hot. So have to clean that out.

Jumpins. Never normally have so many tractors out of commission. Gettin low on tractors to cut grass. Hehe

Noel

x590_54_r4g068189_1024x576_large_b42bb543394ff2add6916e2e85dae71efb57f6e1.jpg

h310-1570.png

Best-Sub-Compact-Tractors.jpg

New ones aren't looking so bad now are they ????
Ep6yGHaXUAczAfJ.jpg

Wow Noel that is bad. I get real nervous when one of my three grass cutters have problems. I keep a total of three acres cut year round. One year I had to push mow the yard which is an acre and cut the rest with a trail mower. I didn’t know you cut grass with your Case.

Yup I have too many down right now myself.
Lucky I don't need any of them to keep my own yard mowed.
Right now I have an Ariens gt19 here in the middle of an engine transplant.
A Deere LT166 and m finishing up, had to rebuild the carb which I wasn't expecting.
Trying to put the deck back on, between remembering how it came off and finding seized parts that weren't last fall, that's more than i thought it would take.
Add in the tires that I put on last fall that were supposed to hold air but don't and still looking for a good hood for it (they don't exist, other than new)

A Dixon that I still need to try and get the cones adjusted on one of these days
A swisher tow behind that keeps getting shoved from side to side that's done except for figuring out a different sort of throttle control
And the cub 129 that I swapped engines on to one that smoked worse than what I took off, and wound up blowing up, I have the blown up engine and the original here to tear down and make heads or tails out of to see wife I have 1 engine's worth of good parts between them to send out to the machine shop. I put the tractor out to storage til I can get a fresh engine put together for it
And 3, no 4 more at the barn that need to come back home for various amounts of work "when I get time" and I get what I have here finished.
I'm just glad for the hot dry summer that has slowed down grass growth for this season.

What those critters eat also gets left all over the yard---LOL!

Dang, Noel, you are having a heck of a run of sour luck with your chore tractors! Hope there are some simple fixes among them! I know a bit of your pain, but not to that extreme!

DAC

That sucks.

I only have one mowing machine, the old Sears 16/6. If it goes down I'll be pushing the yard.....nah, my son will borrow his buddy's zero turn who he mows for 3 times a week in the evenings.
I have the new to me Huskee GT, that will be a decent rider and I have a 48" Honda walk behind that's been in storage for 5 or 6 years, I'll fix it someday.

Well I hope you get something sorted out soon Noel... but I wouldnt recommend the sheep.... they are not free to maintain either.... and fn goats will eat the mirrors of your truck and then tap dance on the roof. Lol

I havent broken anything but I keep selling the mowers off so this week Im mowing with the Columbia... first time the decks been on it since 2012 ;)

I need to mow, but it's rained some almost every day the last week! I'm not complaining though! Being I work on people's stuff, I always have plenty of backup machines, but then I have plenty myself. I have 3 machines I plan to sell next spring, then my real backup mower is my 60" cut John Deere 430 diesel tractor, with my main mower being a Kubota F3060 with 72" cut.

Get you a Kubota with some of that rusty money!

Hehe. I did look at one the other day Daniel. At the kubota dealer. Hehe. That would make it top dollar. It was a T1860 I think. Diesel. With ,,,,,,,,,,,Power Steering. !!!!!!! Hehe. 54” deck. I want a 48”. Nice condition. 400 and a few hours. Don’t know the price, I was just Sunday shopping. Tractordata says it was built between 1998-2002. So, 20-25 years old or so.

Noel

So got the Yardworks tractor fixed up. Cut some grass with it and it seems fine.

Noel

Attachments

• 2E0924CB-BB1A-4C5B-A486-67BB87AD6140.jpeg
    2E0924CB-BB1A-4C5B-A486-67BB87AD6140.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 12
  • BED22209-3220-47FD-A33A-0D7AE3568D63.jpeg
    BED22209-3220-47FD-A33A-0D7AE3568D63.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 57D86452-B49B-480B-B96E-D1CEDC5CCAF0.jpeg
    57D86452-B49B-480B-B96E-D1CEDC5CCAF0.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 13
Back