My Free Stihl Weed Whacker

I use trufuel in my weed eater. I use one 32oz can a season as I use very little.

It’s tough to screw up premix. Read the back of the bottle. For example it will say something like 32:1 1 gallon of gas to one container of oil.

Things seem to run pretty lean today. When I was a kid running dirt bikes everything was 32:1 and they smoked like crazy!

I never could figure out what is so hard about mixing fuel and oil. I have a card in the cabinet with the oz of oil per gallon of gas for the various mix ratios. A small baby bottle makes it easy to measure out the small amounts of oil. Simple to reduce it to1/2 or 1/4 if you only want a half gallon or a quart. I mixed the fuel for a Poulan gas weeder a quart at a time as it doesn't take much fuel to run it an hour. Besides, I am not paying someone else to mix my fuel for me. Outrageous price, about like buying the 50/50 mix antifreeze.

That seems like a lot at first glance but there’s a lot of urban home owners who don’t use that much gas in a season. Most of those premixed fuels have a long shelf life and can eliminate bad fuel problems.

I won't argue with that one bit Chris. All the "new commers" for lack of a better word our kids are getting taught how fast they can rattle off something we don't stand a chance to understand. Even some of the parents are going that route. 90% of the kids cannot tell time by a clock with hands.

Back