My Roper 16T restore project

So you are sitting in a dimly lit shop, watching a video, and this happens. (Way too often lately). Trying to finish up small details on the Roper 16T before moving on to the hood and grill.

Larry, those upper nose cones are a fiberglass based system. I've repaired and actually rebuilt missing pieces with fiberglass resin/cloth. Once I got it fairly smooth, I coated with standard bondo or glazing compound.

20220427_192634.jpg
20220427_192616.jpg
20220427_193930.jpg

Thanks, Doing some research tonight lead me to thinking to look into a boat repair place that can use a Gel Coat product. There are several in Waco I could visit in a few days. I am not giving up being this close to finishing it.

Main thing with fiberglass is to get the cloth cut so it will lay flat when working with corners and irregular pieces, and no air pockets. I have also drilled 1/8" holes in the repair area to give the resin more to grip.

I don't think cloth is needed, just resin to make it smooth. I plan on talking with some boat repair places later this week.

Time to get the sickle mower out, and another game of will it start.

I will try another fiberglass professional tomorrow. After talking with him on the phone, it sounds promising. I'll take the camera and see if I can get a video.

Fiberglass nose was dropped off at a boat repair shop this morning, should have it back next week. Checked out a restaurant while there. After the two hour round trip I tackled some yard maintenance. Tomorrow will be the Rattle Snake Roundup and mowing.

Back