My Roper 16T restore project

I had to put a 1-1/8" bore pully on a 1" crank pto shaft when I repowered the MF12G in 2015. Bought a shim on ebay for 18 bucks and it still is working fine.

DAC

That is a L head engine. Should be 1" pipe thread if I remember right. I rebuilt a 16hp and put it in a Cub 782.
Those are good old work horse engines. I had about $300 in a complete overhaul including a +.10 bore. Bought a IH 582 so had all the parts for mounting, etc. for the 782.

That is a L head engine. Should be 1" pipe thread if I remember right. I rebuilt a 16hp and put it in a Cub 782.
Those are good old work horse engines. I had about $300 in a complete overhaul including a +.10 bore. Bought a IH 582 so had all the parts for mounting, etc. for the 782.
The Onan on the 20T is 1" thread, That is why I had the 1" pepper shakers. The 18 Briggs is 3/4 thread. I almost have the mufflers sorted some what. Need a few more fittings. Oh, this Briggs has been bored to 0.20 over with new pistons and valves. Just been stored for 10 years.

Larry, there should be an exhaust manifold for that engine to run one muffler. I know on the 16hp that i did the exhaust come out the left front but it sits in the frame 90° cc to how yours needs to sit due to the blet drive setup.

Back