New plow build thoughts and ideas

Eric, if you can design it as a modular unit, I’d go with a two bottom that you can add a third easily. You may find some dirt (like PA Plow Day) could do a three bottom, but any in Western PA or other more rocky areas might work better with two.
Looking forward to a unique build and a way to forget there is snow on the ground and ice in it.

Sadly Daniel is unable to have his plowday this year. Fully understandable considering the kind of year he has had. But your talking about Plow days makes me ask if you are aware of any spring Plow days here in the midwest. After the winter we have had so far i,m anxious to get out and play a little. Anything around p!ease let me know.

Mike, theres a good one in Kewanna, IN on March 30th. I'll for sure be there and would love to see you guys. It draws a good amount of people too. Lots of land and great food. Not as good as Ball Hollow but a close second.

Eric, if you can design it as a modular unit, I’d go with a two bottom that you can add a third easily. You may find some dirt (like PA Plow Day) could do a three bottom, but any in Western PA or other more rocky areas might work better with two.
Looking forward to a unique build and a way to forget there is snow on the ground and ice in it.

I was thinking of the same thing for flexibilty. Plus if I make the main beam pivot, I could adjust the cut of all at one time. Thinking out loud, but in order for a 10" cut a minimum disc would have to be 20-22". Considering only the leading half will actually make the cut. Plus, I'll have to take away where the hub mounts since it will probably break over right there and act as a "stop" of sorts.

Eric

Sadly Daniel is unable to have his plowday this year. Fully understandable considering the kind of year he has had. But your talking about Plow days makes me ask if you are aware of any spring Plow days here in the midwest. After the winter we have had so far i,m anxious to get out and play a little. Anything around p!ease let me know.
Mike and anyone else, heres a good spring plowday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-045242_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-045242_Facebook.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 16
Ehile it looks like fun, I couldn't travel that far for 1 day!

I’ve been looking at videos of disk plowing and some don’t look very good. Just me maybe. And since I have never used a disk plow, I really wouldn’t know, but they seem like they would be hard to pull. ? One video I watched the disks only scratched the surface and were going back and forth a lot.

I can’t wait for a plow day in my area.

Noel.

Attachments

• E3977B7F-4C5A-475A-8D44-6F92360B7B3A.png
    E3977B7F-4C5A-475A-8D44-6F92360B7B3A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • EA0148D2-54C6-49F3-A9F8-1D48A4A83304.png
    EA0148D2-54C6-49F3-A9F8-1D48A4A83304.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
make a small prototype first example, use mower cutter discs and some heavy pipe for the bushes welded to the mower disc's and a solid shaft to fit them on .

say 4 disc's to each gang x 2 gangs side by side ,tow it and see what happens and try some weight if necessary ,my thoughts , i will be making a test set to try as i got some of the bits ready to start making them , i like the concept , yet a tandem disc set would be better , front and rear row's

Shane

Back