New to me...CHAMPION 4000 W Generator

Well, I have a Chinese clone generator, also 4,000 continuous watts, and it has a Honda GX390 clone, which is over 11HP. I ordered used Honda engine components to repair it. But in case I'm brain farting, when I go down there I'll check to be certain of what I'm saying.
I have a 5-5500 kw( not sure) and that has a 11 hp Briggs.
Never really compared kw to hp before... :confused:

I called the CHAMPION Company a little while ago and talked with Eddie and explained that I had received the Quote for the parts from Janie, and I would like to place the order. He ashed how many parts, I said 12 all together. He asked what the largest part was, I said the air filter housing or pull start assy. He said to forward the email from Janie to him with my address and he would have the parts shipped to me at NO-CHARGE. I stated that the quote totaled over $100.00, and he said NO-PROBLEM.
Maybe talking with a Company is worth it (some times)

I called the CHAMPION Company a little while ago and talked with Eddie and explained that I had received the Quote for the parts from Janie, and I would like to place the order. He ashed how many parts, I said 12 all together. He asked what the largest part was, I said the air filter housing or pull start assy. He said to forward the email from Janie to him with my address and he would have the parts shipped to me at NO-CHARGE. I stated that the quote totaled over $100.00, and he said NO-PROBLEM.
Makes you feel good to hear that...
other people hear that and it's great advertising..

Wow...simply WOW!

So this is how to build customer loyalty! Technically I now have a complete WORKING 3500W Generator for a grand total of $25.00
That was very nice of him. But why did he give them to you free..? :eek:

That was very nice of him. But why did he give them to you free..? :eek:
Not a clue. The lady I first talked to sent me the quote from the list of parts I sent her, When I called back to order the parts, the guy I talked with said to forward the email to him. At that point he said no problem and he would get them ordered. I fully expected an invoice to be sent. Maybe he did not like the lady... don't know.

So to beg a question. Should I take it apart again and freshen up the paint? Same Generators just one is 2014 ans the new one is 2019.

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 301.jpg
    301.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 6
Personally, I'd leave as-is. To me, just not worth all the effort and won't make it function any better. Plus the new paint will scratch so much easier than the factory baked paint. Now if you used some compound on it, followed by some wax, it would bring some shine back to the old paint, possibly just a wax would do it.

So to beg a question. Should I take it apart again and freshen up the paint? Same Generators just one is 2014 ans the new one is 2019.
Well since you're talking about it you may just go out and get some paint. You know you're not going to sleep right till you do.... ;)

Plus we can keep this thread going...:thumbs:

Yea, decisions, decisions. Do I want a quick repaired generator that may not get used for some time, or a project that will keep me busy (ie. not bored) for a few more weeks.
I checked my paint supply. I have Yellow left over from the JD restore but no Black.

Back