New Truck Styles

I hauled hundreds of sheets of drywall in my tacoma with a 5 foot bed over the course of years. Boards across. Tail gate down. Never had an issue. An 8' bed is useful to me personally a couple times a year.

Unless your in construction how often do you haul a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood? Who can afford to buy one to start with ? I would much rather have the extra room in the cab than in the box.

When I bought my last truck, I had three requirements—four full doors, long bed and diesel. That led me to a Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins. I love it. It’s a pain to park sometimes and not as nimble in the woods, but it’s done everything that I’ve needed it to do.

I’ve towed most everything with it. 54E4318E-2D00-4F37-824B-9A0BA073C6EE.jpeg54E4318E-2D00-4F37-824B-9A0BA073C6EE.jpegBB7ACF0A6-BB8F-4BE3-821B-A231B8C810B5.jpegE61C837F-7554-47C8-A17A-B744C2CA692B.jpeg

I had on Dodge pickup. Real nice truck, 1/2 ton, 318. Would pas anything but a gas station. If it knew a gas staion was off the route 5 miles it would have to go there. Owned it 2 months and traded it back to Chevy. Got the Avalanche. Yep short bed but it is covered and water tight and lockable. 16 - 17 mpg normal driving, 9-10 with loaded 16ft trailer with 3 tractors.

I get 20-22 mpg all day long depending on what I’m doing. Have seen 26 and 27 on long highway trips.

I feel you on the 318. I had a 2001 half ton 4x4 with the 318. It loved gas, but it was a tough truck. I regret getting rid of it. It was a great hunting truck and surf fishing truck.

What is going to happen to the used & new vehicle market when the computer chips start to become available? Who is going to pay new price for a 2-3 yo vehicle that has been parked outside for who knows how long. Mice WILL find them I don't care where they are parked and once back on the road the mouse damage starts showing up. I look for the price of used and new vehicles to come down, especially the used vehicles. Going to be an interesting next 6 months in the vehicle market. Your thoughts?

Unless your in construction how often do you haul a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood? Who can afford to buy one to start with ? I would much rather have the extra room in the cab than in the box.
Sounds like a SUV would be the better choice.
I had on Dodge pickup. Real nice truck, 1/2 ton, 318. Would pas anything but a gas station.
I had the same truck. It had the differential repaired 3 times after the first 70 thou miles. Yeah, the warranty had just expired.

I was amazed today, not really more disgusted and disappointed as I walked through the parking lot. I noticed a number of trucks all newer than 2015 and the amount of rust starting on the bed sides, mostly the dodge Rams and Chevy trucks

I was amazed today, not really more disgusted and disappointed as I walked through the parking lot. I noticed a number of trucks all newer than 2015 and the amount of rust starting on the bed sides, mostly the dodge Rams and Chevy trucks

My buddy has a 2016 chevy with the quarter panels rotted off....my 2004 ram rotted apart. Bed sides were nearly gone by the time I got rid of it. I had a ratchet strap wrapped around it to keep them in place.

My wifes 2017 caravan had the lip of the hood about ready to rust off. My jeep wrangler was rusted on the door hinges and tailgate lip.

My buddy has a 2016 chevy with the quarter panels rotted off....my 2004 ram rotted apart. Bed sides were nearly gone by the time I got rid of it. I had a ratchet strap wrapped around it to keep them in place.

My wifes 2017 caravan had the lip of the hood about ready to rust off. My jeep wrangler was rusted on the door hinges and tailgate lip.

Imagine what would of happened if you lived where I do. All of what you mentioned would even be sooner.

Noel

Got to wash them once in a while and not just he painted skin either. Got to get up under the fenders, down in the corners of the wheel wells - you get the idea. But still those Dodges are the first one to rust.

I see plenty of less than 10 year old, Ford's and Chevys around here with way more rust on them than should be, especially for what the damn things cost to buy......
My 85 d150 has less rust than most 2010s of all brands I see on the road around here.
It's mostly beat up because the PO couldn't see to pull it in or out of the barn without scraping the sides of the barn door frames!
It's funny, as when base coat clear coat paint first came out the clear would peel and the sun would bake off what was left but those trucks (of all brands) didn't rust nearly as much even to this day.

Got to wash them once in a while and not just he painted skin either. Got to get up under the fenders, down in the corners of the wheel wells - you get the idea. But still those Dodges are the first one to rust.
An old coworker had 2006 Chevy and washed it every chance, he didn't get 10 years out it before it was rotted so bad. Not so much the salt it's that brine calcium crap they pre treat the roads with

My 04 Avalanche is just starting to show signs of rust over the rear fender wells. It has the cladding on it so have no idea what is under that but who cares - it don't show. Do have the RR door sill that rusted out some. Cleaned it out, let it dry good and filled it with phone. Found it when I opend the door a couple months ago. First time at the door in who knows how long. Like I said, it takes a better washing than just the painted skin washing what is visable.

Back