Not For Sale!!

Nothing special. First step is make the six cylinder in it run. It’s been changed to a later model along with an open driveline. Then play it by ear from there. Would like to do a simple small block and automatic. I love plain steel rally wheels with beauty rings and center caps.
That's what I did with my 55 GMC, and it also has a later model Chevy 230 in it. I like it that way is so it's still the six and the SM420 granny 4 speed. Got it titled and licensed in 2011 and been driving it that way ever since. The open driveline in yours will sure make however you approach things a lot easier! I'm a fan of rally wheels too, but the offset on them lets the inner sidewall rub the tie rod ends a bit in corners. Using the stock wheels off my 1970 Jimmy on the '55 with beauty rings and S-15 hubcaps. Rallys are going on the Jimmy.

DAC

Last edited:
Nothing special. First step is make the six cylinder in it run. It’s been changed to a later model along with an open driveline. Then play it by ear from there. Would like to do a simple small block and automatic. I love plain steel rally wheels with beauty rings and center caps.

Nice. That’s what I would do.

Noel

and I will add a question here.... The late 50s and '60 had some cool looking cars but what the He11 happened in 1961? Was there an ugly car contest going among the brands? Some of the WORST looking cars ever designed and sold, across the board.
at least they started improving steadily, from there again in '62.

Space travel, company’s were trying to take advantage of space age to sell vehicles.

Noel.

I remember seeing the blue dots around a bit in the early 70s (but always on '50s cars and older it seems) and I remember hearing of the blue dot taillights being illegal in some places (I myself didn't come along til '67) but I don't remember the reason for the illegal-ness.

No blue lights visible from the rear except for emergency vehicles. Same with red visible from the front.

Back