Not For Sale!!

Anybody remember the blue reflectors in the middle of the tail lights
I got pulled over for blue dots once. The policeman didn't write me a ticket or even give me a warning. He liked them himself, but just wanted me to know that they are illegal and some of his fellow OCCIFERS would gladly write me a ticket. He checked out my car. '48 Chevy , decided it was in better shape under the sheet metal than what he was driving.

My 30 DeSoto had a broken tail light lens with a blue dot in the center. First time I'd seen one. Illegal in a lot of states.

By that time I was 13 and building model cars but the flasher hubcaps and curb feelers were a thing of the past by then. My Dad bought a new 63 Dodge Dart and I thought it was so ugly. It was a good car, just ugly. Still not fond of the looks. 63 1/2 Ford Galaxy was the car I would have died for. Neighbor had one and I couldn't keep my eyes off it. His was red with a white top.
View attachment 42489
Those were some of the sexiest cars ever, Chris! I liked '63 Impala's a little better, (we had a new one in '63) but those full size styles back then were hard to beat! And in red----just wow!

Back in 1964 My folks got me an HO scale slot car track and it came with 4 different '63 Fords. Still had them when a flood washed away our house 8 years later. About 20 years ago a good friend gave me those four back again. They were with his childhood track. The Falcon and Galaxie were white in my original set, but the T-Bird and Fairlane are the same.

Sure would like to go back in a time machine to those days again!

DAC

DSCN3699.JPG DSCN3701.JPG

Those were some of the sexiest cars ever, Chris! I liked '63 Impala's a little better, (we had a new one in '63) but those full size styles back then were hard to beat! And in red----just wow!

Back in 1964 My folks got me an HO scale slot car track and it came with 4 different '63 Fords. Still had them when a flood washed away our house 8 years later. About 20 years ago a good friend gave me those four back again. They were with his childhood track. The Falcon and Galaxie were white in my original set, but the T-Bird and Fairlane are the same.

Sure would like to go back in a time machine to those days again!

DAC

View attachment 42517 View attachment 42518
We’re those Aurora brand cars

My favorite was the Mercury Turn Pike Cruiser in metallic blue and white with those long cruiser fender skirts.
That was the first car I remember my parents having. It was a 1957, two tone red and white. It had the push button tranny. I would help him take off those real long fender skirts that he cherished so much. Then it would take most of a Saturday morning to change over to snow tires. He wouldn’t put the fender skirts back on because snow would pile up between them and the tires. That was a classic.

Is the Falcon a 64 or 65?
The old chevy has push button handles and vent windows. So I'm guessing 52,or 53.
I’m going to answer that with “yes”. It’s a 65 with a 64 grille. It was wrecked at one point and had a different front clip installed.

It’s a long story but I sold it for two reasons. It was a lot rougher underneath than it looks and it had bad juju to me.

I dig them both, but I do have a "thing" for old trucks! What are your plans for it, JB?

DAC
Nothing special. First step is make the six cylinder in it run. It’s been changed to a later model along with an open driveline. Then play it by ear from there. Would like to do a simple small block and automatic. I love plain steel rally wheels with beauty rings and center caps.

I remember seeing the blue dots around a bit in the early 70s (but always on '50s cars and older it seems) and I remember hearing of the blue dot taillights being illegal in some places (I myself didn't come along til '67) but I don't remember the reason for the illegal-ness.

and I will add a question here.... The late 50s and '60 had some cool looking cars but what the He11 happened in 1961? Was there an ugly car contest going among the brands? Some of the WORST looking cars ever designed and sold, across the board.
at least they started improving steadily, from there again in '62.

Back