Picked Up A White Rear Tine Tiller

After watching a few YouTube videos I found three other tillers exactly like mine but hardly any info on a White brand. Two problems can cause this, one the more simple fix is a broken chain the other is a shift fork. If the forks on the shift fork spread apart it doesn’t shift the gears into all the gear ranges. That fork kit is between $110.- $150. :eek: The chain of coarse would be just buying a length of chain and a master link. Either way for right now I’m going to shelf this project. I don’t feel like having this thing torn apart and not fixing it right away. Like I mentioned I’ll be getting the bone shaker out later in the week.
I too had to rebuilt the shift fork on the Poulan Pro 900. At first glance, oh, not a problem. Well to get at all of it, I nearly took everything of the machine except the engine. :rolleyes:

What I thought was a 20min job turned into 6 long hours!

1713838712516.png

And to add a bit of insight, the Poulan Pro, Ariens and others are all made by Husqvarna.

Guess what was RECALLED, The shift fork !

The tiller's transmission shift rod and clip can come into contact with the control cable during shifting and cause the tiller to unintentionally move forward or backward, posing a risk of bodily injury and/or laceration.

This recall involves Ariens®, Husqvarna®, Jonsered® and Poulan Pro® brand rear tine tillers used for plowing, cultivation and ridging gardens and lawns. The tillers have an engine to power the wheels and the rear tines, an operator handle with forward and reverse transmission and tilling widths ranging from 17 to 19 inches. "Sold at" section. The brand name is printed on the side of the tiller. They were sold in red, orange and yellow/black colors. The following model and serial numbers are included in the recall.

So I fixed that too. ;)

Back