Poulan 25 & Echo CS400

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
The Poulan 25 and Echo CS400 decided to go for a ride on the Bota yesterday. Both full up on fuel and bar earl, when we get to the clump of dead and dieing Elm, the CS 400 was the first to go to work felling two of them that had bark falling off them.
Once on the ground the Poulan was started and went to work making fire wood chunks out or the smaller stuff up to about 8 inches. It sucked the last drop of fuel from the tank doing that but was a half bucket of wood for the bota.

The CS 400 finished off the load and some extra to get today if the rain holds off before it sucked the last of its fuel from the tank.
I do believe the little Poulan likes fuel a bit more than the Echo does but they both still sip fuel compaired to the big saws.

They both did a great job cutting that rock hard Elm. I have a few more to drop and cut up. I want to transplant a bunch of maples in the area end of April to Mid May.

Need to get a gas cap O ring or a whole new cap for my Poulan 2150, I inhearted it from Kares dad. Yes I had been useing them last fall to cut up some stuff at a freinds house that came down in a storm.

:D Al

Love the echo saws, I have a CS 620PW at work, along with a Husqvarna 55, and 371XP. Running those makes my personal Husqvarna 240e feel like a kid's toy, lol. Since I'm the only one who runs them, they all have green chain on them, can make short work of most things.

The 620 and 371 have 26" bars, the 55 has a 20", and my 240 has a 16".

I'd like to see a digital fuel gauge on the 620, seems like when it is working through big cherry trees, it guzzles fuel quicker than the '78 F-150 I had with a 400 in it.

Last edited:
There are really several Husky 55's. My own Husky 55 is the EAP Model.
All but the 2150 Poulan is only the saws I used the other day. Own about 8 right now.

Jonserred 2159, Husky 455 Rancher, plus the Echo CS 400, and the Pouln 2150.
V8LbLxM.jpg

Not showen is the 162SE Husky, Husky 55EPA, Poulan Pro 415 Fell off a load of fire wood and needs cosmitic parts NLA, Stihl 031AV inhearted from my dad sat under his work bench and is sezed. Brother told me it was running ruff and person dad took it to said not worth fixing.

I am working at freeing it up. You can buy new P&C for it.

:D Al

My definition of green chain is no safety features to slow down the cutting. High kickback risk.

Back