Recreational Gas

Heard that a long time ago when I was riding touring bikes. Very seldom see a bike at a Casey's station. Dealer even advised against it. The ethanol added to the gas dissipates the water that may be in the gas but this was before ethanol was around.

I won't buy Cassey's gas unless on the road and it is handy. Mileage goes down plus they get a lot of wash gas. Gas that is the first run through the pipeline after flushed from diesel, etc. Water is used for the flush as it blends well with the ethanol added to the gas behind it.
Not so. I live by one gas "tank farm" and pass another on the way to work and back.
I see all of the big name gas station companies pulling in and out of both. There's no difference between "Casey's gas", "Love's gas", "speedway gas", "circle jerk (circle k) gas" shell gas" or "bp gas" as they all go in and out of the same tank farm...
Back in the day though there must have been because the station I couldn't run was "marathon" but now a days they get their gas from the exact same place.

Back