Recreational Gas

I read the cow farts are bad for you awhile back. I don’t remember if it was in Ireland but somewhere they are seizing peoples farms because of a threat to the atmosphere. Some of these folks had several hundred acre farms passed down from several generations. The other article mentioned family gardens will eventually be monitored or done away with.

I was talking to the owner of a nursery here in town that we like about having so much trouble with Burpee seeds the past three years. She said in over thirty years of her nursery she has never had so much trouble getting seeds. So many problems with suppliers that all have one thing in common…no fertilizer, strange things happening while growing, and plants mysteriously dying off. It’s all about control.

10% ethanol gas here is $3.39. Haven't tried the E85 yet and doubt that I will. Price is quite a bit lower but so it the economy so about a trade off.

Don't know why there would be a problem getting seed. Menard had a 30' isle full of seed packages 3 weeks ago when we got ours. Did not see any empty areas either.

I have run ethanol in everything ever since it came out. Used a lead additive in the older tractors and Sta-bil in everything. Goes in the can before the gas goes in. Chain saws and line trimmer all started fine after sitting for several months. Ethanol gets blamed for other problem, mainly dirt getting into the fuel before or as it goes into the machine.

Don't know why there would be a problem getting seed. Menard had a 30' isle full of seed packages 3 weeks ago when we got ours. Did not see any empty areas either.
I’m talking about bulk seed that you get at a nursery or farm supply where they buy thousands of pounds of seeds a year to meet the needs of farmers and gardeners. Your going to always, maybe for right now anyway find seeds at box stores where you can get less than an ounce at a time.

I have said for a long time until we get a justice system that hasn’t been bought anything can go unpunished.
That goes clear down to the local level. Our CA won't prosecute theft charges as long as the property is "Mostly" returned or restitution is made or kids are involved. I know this first hand. Had around $500 worth of deer hunting equipment tampered with and stolen. Had the picture of the guys face on a game cam. Guy brought most of the stuff back after DNR talked to him. But no charges filed.

We have had it here in N. Michigan for several years. I use it in all my GTs, tractors, mowers etc.. The only thing I don't use it in is my outboard motor for fishing. After 4 fuel lines on my chain saw my Stihl dealer told me to use it in all small and large engines. I have even run it thru my old plow truck, but it was expensive to do. It is about $ 4.50 gal here.

Back