Sears 40" Sickle Mower 917.253120 restore.

Larry, those pressure washer plastic spray gun simply do not last. I have replaced mine 3 times no and it is acting up again. Won't turn on, lever just bends. Took it apart and cleaned everything and greased the pin that is supposed to move the ball against pressure to let the water flow so will see what happens. I think mine were B&D branded Chine origin.

Mine lasted around 5 years so not bad. I am moving to plan "B". As for the pressure washer, I was given (fell off the truck) a new pressure washer. Should be an upgrade from the old 1300 psi one. I don't think it will be used for plan "B".

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4
Mine is a Coleman - bought at an auction for $5. Auctioneer tried to give the rope a pull and upset it. Said "Locked up" Started at $5 and I bid and no one else. Pump was stuck was all that was wrong with it. Only problem I have had was with the wand. I put a lighter spring in that holds the water ball valve closed until the pin is pushed down to let the water flow by. If that don't work will try a new one, different brand this time around.

That is a problem with AC when one has to be out in the heat. Body don't get acclimated to the heat by running into the AC all the time. Save the AC for the end of the work day. May shorten the work day up by several hours.

Last edited:
I have had enough working outside in 106* for extended times. now at 65 I prefer the A/C over the heat now.
Looks well enough with a breeze at 106F. Did you have a gallon of iced Milo sweet tea with a shot of hard something in it too?

I've been repairing the truck body with the wired wheel on the Dewalt angle grinder. The thing spins up to 16K RPMs. All I need is the lightest touch and the rust be gone. I used the drill before and it took a rather long time.

At my old farm, a sickle mower would of been the ideal tool to use. At this property, it's not doable as the stumps are too many.

My neighbor has a Ford Shibarura 1500. I bet it would look nice on his machine. Keep the updates coming. :cool:

Last edited:
Back