sears suburban 12 info please

Hi I have an old 68 Sears Suburban 12 with a 48” mower deck (Model number 917.251030). Well this year one of the outer mandrels seized up and the center one has lots of looseness. Obviously they are old and worn out so are there any aftermarket spindles I can replace them with or something similar that can be jury rigged to try and get another year out of the deck? Thanks

Hi I have an old 68 Sears Suburban 12 with a 48” mower deck (Model number 917.251030). Well this year one of the outer mandrels seized up and the center one has lots of looseness. Obviously they are old and worn out so are there any aftermarket spindles I can replace them with or something similar that can be jury rigged to try and get another year out of the deck? Thanks
Those spindles can be rebuilt. it can be challenging to get the dust cover off the bottom without destroying it.
at one time, I had all the bearing numbers... That was another forum. However, you can do it just as easy with the measurements.
Get good ones. Cheap won't last.

I have the manual for this deck:

Attachments

• 917251030.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 8
starting this post up again!!

I am bringing the tractor home today. we will see how it goes. unfortunately alot of other projects are taking priority right now. plan right now us to check it over and put it up for sale. I am sure someone out there would love a super sears with a sickle bar mower

I had some time look it over, it's a nice solid tractor, amazing the sickle bar attachment is not stuck and it all moves, and looks 100% complete, the last knife blade is broke, but I don't think it's worth changing only 1. for now I took all the attachments off the tractor to store.
the engine is seized, that's next to pull that off. as much as I don't like them I am going to put a predator either the the 8hp or 13hp, i have to check what fits best without cutting anything. it's all original paint, it's going to stay that way. I really like the orginal patina finish on tractors now, so it will get scuffed buffed and oiled. I will paint the rims, and maybe the mesh grills. should be a fun project

Attachments

• 20200208_101222.jpg
    20200208_101222.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200208_101916.jpg
    20200208_101916.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 8
Back