Sears suburban 12

I have a stripped head on my hh120 and I'm looking for a heli-coil kit what size would I need?
Is it the spark plug that's stripped.?? Not sure of the size but any good auto parts store should have them. Just take your plug with you. The drill bit size to drill it will probably be an odd one so you may have to pick one of them up too..

Hi the spark plug is 14 MM I've had good luck with Helicoils also I've installed them without removing the head but that that's experience don't recommend it for a first time 14 MM is what you need

Ok thanks guys I appreciate it. It's a project that I'm working on. When I got it it wasnt running but managed to get it running by swapping tanks the original was just bad rust inside, dirt, and junk so had another that was already painted. Cleaned out the carb and it fired and ran for awhile. Now that carb has craped out on me and the head is stripped a little so now it's become a winter project.

I have too but if I can find a cheap head I'll take the easy way out and just buy another.
Your right. Till you buy the Helicoil kit and the right size drill bit a used head may be cheaper..

I've still got the parted out HH120 that came out of my MF12G and the head is still on it. I've been threatening to scrap it for a few years now, but thought someone might need something still. I'll take it off and send it, just pay shipping.

Attachments

• HH120 parts 002.jpg
    HH120 parts 002.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 10
I've still got the parted out HH120 that came out of my MF12G and the head is still on it. I've been threatening to scrap it for a few years now, but thought someone might need something still. I'll take it off and send it, just pay shipping.

Still can't thank you enough for the flywheel off that motor! Saved my little suburban from going in the scrap heap.

Still can't thank you enough for the flywheel off that motor! Saved my little suburban from going in the scrap heap.

You're welcome Aaron, I'm glad the poor old engine was able to be a donor. I would have loved to keep my 12G original, but since overbore pistons seem to be made of unobtainium a repower was my only choice.

If @Tcoover or you want the head please let me know. Obviously Tcoover would be first in line.

DAC

I have all the ignition stuff. Couldn't get the SSI module to fire, but the stator came in handy

Dang, Marty that tractor was running fine when I pulled the engine, it just was getting hard to see through the smoke. I'm glad something was useful!

DAC

Dang, Marty that tractor was running fine when I pulled the engine, it just was getting hard to see through the smoke. I'm glad something was useful!

DAC

Not sure if it was module or something with my tractor. I had a custom ignition on my Tec so it maybe was some way I had it wired. Who knows, its laid in garage for what a year, maybe 2? I could have dropped it or something between that time.

If he wants the head he can have it. Thank you for the offer though, I am currently working on saving for this winter's coal and getting married next year. So the sears is kinda taking a back seat for now because the farmall a is going to be in the wedding so I have a lot of work left to do on that. Thank you though.

Back