Terramite engine failure?

It would be nice to find a small Diesel to put in.

That would be nice! I considered that too. When I was at the car wash somebody came up and asked about the machine wanting to buy it. I told him about the rod and said he had a small diesel he would part with, for $3500. I did not ask what it was, because that is simply way out of my price range.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what might make a good donar?

On Isavetractors.com I found pistons for $50 each, rods for $50 each, and a gasket kit for $60. I am not sure how much shipping is, maybe even free I don’t know yet. I will call the local auto machine shop and see what he charges to bore cylinders. I think I may resend up just rebuilding this engine. A diesel swap would be cool, but likely more money and I have other projects coming up that I need the machine for.

A friend has a repair/salvage business. He has removed several small diesel engines off refrigeration units and put them in GT's for resale. One expense was the $120 to have an adapter machined to go from the flywheel to the drive shaft. Don't know what he gets for an engine but shipping from here would be price I am sure. Another option for you to look at - refer trailer parked for safety issues?

I saw a couple mowers that had diesels on Craigslist, typical case of not deleting the ad. On eBay I found a CH20 for $325, right now that seems like the best option, and it’s only an hour away.

I called the auto machine shop, he wants $100 per cylinder.

You'll have to post how the power feels after the swap.

I've always felt like the older engines feel more powerful than the newer engines. For example, 25HP in a new tractor doesn't feel as strong as the 12HP in a 1970s cub. Could be gearing, ect, but the older engines always seem to have more torque.
They have the newer ones leaned down to satisfy the EPA and CAL specs.

Back