Thoughts on this cobbled hydraulic setup?

My ambition level rose a bit this afternoon even though it's still colder than heck. Had to work this morning but got home a 9am. Went to breakfast and Sam's Club with my wife. Got home and took a break on the couch for a bit then got started.

Got the blade off to plan a re-mount. It's still build as I go more than plan though.

1-lifted it with the crane got the front wheels off to get at the blade shaft. I am goint to get 4 bearings for the front wheels. They are starting to feel a little rough.
2-Blade off.
3-This pin needs to be removed for blade angle with the tractor lever.
4-The cylinder and blade carriage.
5-that is the angle I need for the blade to angle left and right flat with the ground.
6-Looks like that lowest hole will work. I need to see if the machine shop at work has a 3/4" drill bit to ream that hole slightly.

DAC

102_5674.JPG102_5675.JPG102_5676.JPG102_5677.JPG102_5678.JPG102_5679.JPG

As an old country boy I knew would say "now yur fryin taters". Its been a good build to follow. Is that a massey plow looks well built. I have a cub plow that looks similar. I seen a guy that had a home built lift rig that was so fast going up it jerked the front of the tractor up a few inches because of the force but he was happy it worked. Looking good!

As an old country boy I knew would say "now yur fryin taters". Its been a good build to follow. Is that a massey plow looks well built. I have a cub plow that looks similar. I seen a guy that had a home built lift rig that was so fast going up it jerked the front of the tractor up a few inches because of the force but he was happy it worked. Looking good!

Thanks Jim! That country boy sounds like my kind of feller. This one moves fast too as discussed above. When I got this tractor around 28 years ago, there was an IH sticker on the blade so it more than likely is from a Cub.

Borrowed a bit from work and got the holes drilled out. Taking a lunch break. Nice day in the shop, TV on with NASCAR first then NHRA after that!

DAC

Made a little more progress. The blade will swivel flat now installed in the drilled holes. It is too tight for the swivel action. I took it apart to clean up the friction surfaces and to cut the old cylinder bracket off the top of the arm. I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm thinking that if I mount the cylinder so it doesn't swivel up and down, then weld a plate for the ram end to push against on the bottom of the arm rather than pin it to the arm that I can get the blade to "float". I need to come up with something to put in the ram clevis to push on the plate. The clevis has a 1" pin through it. A wheel or bearing was my first thought but then maybe something that will skid on the plate might work too? The ram would probably rotate and that has to be a consideration too, maybe the main consideration.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, DAC

102_5681.JPG102_5682.JPG102_5683.JPG102_5684.JPG102_5685.JPG102_5686.JPG102_5687.JPG

Back