TYM T394

Trouty

TYM T394

I purchased a new TYM tractor from Ocala Tractor 1 March 2019

Tractor Problem history T394

1. Was only getting Med and high gear right from the day I got the tractor

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL and they said they put another linkage on the tractor

2. Tractor fan shroud hits the fan and the tires hit the loader frame just days after purchase

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL they said the loader frame was loose

3. Same as above but less than before… Tractor fan shroud hits the fan and the tires hit the loader frame

a. This is still an issue but the problem is 2x worse when the backhoe is attached

4. Hydraulics leak down relatively quick when the engine is off… even with the back hoe off

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL they said they replaced a leaking valve but this is still an issue

5. Back hoe leaked hyd. fluid from control valve from day one.

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL… they found a cracked control valve and it was replaced.

6. Third function valve quit working after I put standard bucket on to wash the bucket off with a hose. I then changed back to grapple the same day and the valve didn’t work

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL… they replaced something with the 3rd function

7. Auto throttle button quit working

a. Took to Southern Tractor in AL… not quite sure what they did to fix it but when I got the tractor back the tractor wouldn’t go into low gear again

8. When I got the tractor I was missing a few items that got sent to me but the draw bar didn’t fir correctly and looked used.

a. I had to modify the draw bar so it can be used with the back hoe attachment frame.

i. Still an issue

b. Missing top link from the 3 point hitch.

i. Was replaced by Ocala Tractor

9. The tractor is not going into low gear again… NOTE: the leaver hits the metal cutout beside the seat and always did.

a. Repaired at Ocala Tractor

10. 20 Sep 2019… All items are repaired at Ocala tractor.

1. 27 Sep 2019 A week to the day after getting the tractor back from Ocala Tractor the Auto throttle button quit working for the second time. And an error on dash reads F Peddle Check

a. Called Ocala tractor and they are working with TYM

b. They agreed to fix the tractor again but will not reimburse me for the 52 hours I lost over the past 6 months transporting the tractor back and forth for repairs. I also asked for a loaner tractor but that request was denied.

I have owned the tractor now for 6 month and it has been in my position only of those six months. The rest has been in various TYM approved repair facilities. The most recent event required me to take the tractor to the place of purchase (Ocala Tractor) they had it for about 2 months. When I got it back it ran properly for a week.

My time is valuable and I have not mentioned or asked for compensation but I can’t keep being the nice guy. The Ocala dealership is 10 hours round and the Southern Tractor dealership is 4 away round trip…I have accumulated quite a few miles on my brand new truck that has mostly been used to haul this broken tractor back and forth for repair. I retired from the Air Force and I have always stood up for what is right... and this is not right.

I am an experienced tractor owner. I owned a Kubota L3301 before this and have rented and used many other pieces of equipment.

I don’t bash companies on the internet but do plan to post my experience. If the issues are resolved they I will post that as well.

Oh one other thing... I asked for help from TYM, and they did respond. They asked for the serial numbers and they knew when and where I purchased the tractor. I promptly got the information they requested. Then they just broke off contact. I made 3 additional attempts to make contact with nothing but silence… They could have told me anything but to just quit talking is not the proper way to handle the situation.

Attachments

• 7FE087C6-CA84-47D7-AF63-D51EDF22FC35.jpeg
    7FE087C6-CA84-47D7-AF63-D51EDF22FC35.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 5F826204-A070-43C0-A230-66AB0B376937.jpeg
    5F826204-A070-43C0-A230-66AB0B376937.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 8724A093-0D2F-4846-AAA9-4F7285052FD7.jpeg
    8724A093-0D2F-4846-AAA9-4F7285052FD7.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 18
Dang that sucks. Sounds like they as a company haven't changed their attitude any and probably got worse since I had to deal with them years ago on a customers tractor.

The one I dealt with took the drive shaft coupling out twice and the second time ruined the input shaft on the transmission. After 3 months waiting for parts the second time the customer took the 2 repair bills totaling almost $9k from me and called the headquarters in North Carolina. After finally getting someone to actually talk to him he was told sorry for your issues if you're not happy with it we can sell you a brand new one.

I won't repeat what he said here but it was unpleasant. The real kicker is the first time I worked on it the hour meter showed around 350 hours and the second time it was right about 500 hours. The tractor was out of warranty before the first failure so he had to foot the bill for both repairs.

I’m looking for the best way to combat this situation. I tried to speak to them directly but no success so I’m seeing if I can get the word out so this doesn’t have a know anyone else .
Dang that sucks. Sounds like they as a company haven't changed their attitude any and probably got worse since I had to deal with them years ago on a customers tractor.

The one I dealt with took the drive shaft coupling out twice and the second time ruined the input shaft on the transmission. After 3 months waiting for parts the second time the customer took the 2 repair bills totaling almost $9k from me and called the headquarters in North Carolina. After finally getting someone to actually talk to him he was told sorry for your issues if you're not happy with it we can sell you a brand new one.

I won't repeat what he said here but it was unpleasant. The real kicker is the first time I worked on it the hour meter showed around 350 hours and the second time it was right about 500 hours. The tractor was out of warranty before the first failure so he had to foot the bill for both repairs.

It really sucks... you feel all but helpless going against them. I guess getting my story out is the only thing I can do. Even when I change brands I’ll be giving my 2 cents to keep this from happening to someone else.

I mean I’m just cleaning up from this hurricane that hit us last year. I kick myself is the butt for selling my kubota but I really wanted a backhoe and the dealers were closed for many months after the storm here. That kubota was slightly smaller and still held up to the same work. I used that for 5 min Months after the storm and owned it for over 4 years and never had an issue with it. The only thing I didn’t like was the rocker pedal. I have a bad back and this put pressure on the opposite butt cheek hanging your foot on that peddle. With they would change it.

I took the tractor to Southern Tractor in AL for repairs yet again. I spoke to an attorney and may go that route if I can’t sell the machine when I get it back. All clean up of the property is now turned off until this is resolved.

Can't imagine your disappointment. Spend that much money on a machine and can't keep it running.
Hope you can get this resolved shortly. Best of luck.

I took the tractor to Southern Tractor in AL for repairs yet again. I spoke to an attorney and may go that route if I can’t sell the machine when I get it back. All clean up of the property is now turned off until this is resolved.
May want to watch what you post on the situation now.

Do you have lemon laws in your state? Ask for the name and number of the district man for your area. Then wear him out. The people in Wilson are just the distributors. They are built in and imported from South Korea.

I went to look at a tym tractor when I was shopping at the only listed dealer of about 5 here in Michigan.
Dealer did not have any on the lot only brosons and used stuff.
Went in the office and he gave me a ear full of the crap he had to deal with after seelling 6 of them.
Told me he had never ran across a sorryer company or product in his life.
When I read the post the first thing I though is hire a lawyer and sue them keep track of all reciptes and so forth.
Get the money spent on repairs multable times trvel pay takeing to repair shop and bring back home.

Had to laugh though, I was shopping for a 30 HP trctor Minum. He had a Broson that filled the bill. I went and looked at it setting hooked to a brush hog thorn apple needles all over the place including a couple stuck in a tire.

I had alread gotten a price on a new Holand and a Farmall so when he told me what he could do as far as price I bit my tougne so I didn't ask if the price included the vaseoline he was going to use while screwing me.

I bought a L3301 Kubota is OK as far as compact tractors go but isn't my Idea of a real tractor. I believe you need to go bigger than the L series to even get closet to a real tractor.

I would even say a old JD B is far better as a real tractor and I don't care for green and yellow.

:D Al

Lemmon law in my state doesn’t cover tractors specifically but that may be an option . I made a complaint thru the Florida attorney general while my tractor is getting repaired. If nothing comes from this and the manufacturer doesn’t buy this back I’m selling and getting another Kubota. JD and Kubota May cost more but I unposed it’s well worth the money if this is the quality the others are putting out

Hope the sale of your tractor goes well. You deserve it.
Whatever you decide to buy next I hope it turns out to be a good purchase for you.

Last edited:
Man I would hate to pass that lemon POS off on some one else even ar a really reduced price.
I'D Rather just remove the engine to use on some thing, part pieces out and scrap the rest.

Man I would hate to pass that lemon POS off on some one else even ar a really reduced price.
I'D Rather just remove the engine to use on some thing, part pieces out and scrap the rest.
Seems to me that TYM didn't have any problems passing that POS onto him. I know what your saying but if it is in good working condition when he sells it what else can he do. Not like he's selling it with an undisclosed cracked block.

Well My self I would just have a proiblem passing a knowen POS off on some one else. It could even leave me open to a law suit if the buyer found out I had major problems and didn't disclose them at the time of sale.

Best to part it out and scrap the rest.

If the seller is honest about the history of the tractor at the time of sale he should have nothing to worry about. The buyer always has the opportunity to inquire about the equipment they are purchasing. Buyer beware.
Now if the seller is less than honest that's a whole different story. From what I've read Trouty doesn't affect me as being the shyster type.

Conclusion and Final Thoughts

I tried to get the manufacture and dealershipto do the right thing but I finally gave in and sold the machine at a huge loss to myself. All in all there was no major malfunctions on the tractor every time it broke it still continue to operate even the gear issue was resolved. I was just pissed off that little things would break on a brand new machine and the closest dealership was also breaking things. Or to put it correctly I would get it back broken.

I did contact the Attorney General and made a formal complaint. I can continue to tell my story and hope others will not run into the same situation.

I cannot recommend anything from TYM. I cannot recommend Ocala Tractor (Ocala Florida) or Southern tractor (Elba Alabama). I should probably make a separate post about Southern tractor those guys are extra special. From missing parts on my machine when I got it back to actually breaking something that wasn’t broken. Pretty much every time I took it there something else was wrong with my machine when I got it back. They even used some random bolts to put a cover plate back on the backhoe...they didn’t have enough sense to put the bolts in a plastic bag for reassembly.

No particular order here is what I found:
#1 The resale value is horrible ($27,000 new and only months later they wanted to give me $15,000)
#2 Poor quality of the machine
#3 The difference in price from a quality Kabota or Deere machine will be only $2000 to $7000... That being said , you get that back if you ever have to sell it and quality almost never breaks.
#4 Reliability... out of seven months of ownership my machine was in proper working condition for only two months.
#5 dealerships... out of my closest dealership one is more concerned with the money and the other one couldn’t put a puzzle together.
#6 I feel as if the manufacture TUM does a cost analysis on how much one person‘s experience can damage the company....so it’s all about money with them as well.

Stay away from:
TYM Tractors
RK tractors
Mahindra tractors made by TYM
Ocala Tractor
Southern tractor

I do recommend Kabota
I owned a Kabota for five years and it worked perfectly I am going back to Kabota.

Back