Used the Kubota this morning

MNGB

Tractorologist
We got 4-5 inches of snow over night so I warmed up the B2601 first time since Jan 20th to have gotten any snow, drove out to my house and cleaned up the yard it went really good had the diesel heater on H3 and it was more than enough heat had my gloves off. Now with the bright sun its melting good but our forecast for Sunday Monday and Tuesday is calling for 10 inches of snow so I might get a couple more hours on the Kubota we shall see20240109_144630.jpg

Looks like winter is coming in March. We are suppose to get 12 to 20 inches with this one and another the next weekend. If we get even 8 inches with the 55mph winds they are predicting it's going to be a mess out there. Everything is fueled and ready to go so let her rip.
Went out to the shop yesterday evening and fabricated a crankcase breather with a filter on it. I didn't want to cut up the oil bath air filter and have another hose hanging in the air between it and the valve cover. I need to paint it then I'll take a photo.
Next is going to be the steering gear box and putting some toe-in into the front wheels so it doesn't wander so much.

Yes its going to be interesting for the next week Sharon changed our Walmart grocery pickup from Sunday morning to this afternoon so we don't have to worry about getting snow moved to get to the wheel chair ramp etc, one less thing to worry about

Western South Dakota seems to get it's biggest snowfalls in March and April. Even though I dislike it a lot, it's pretty normal here. I don't think we will get as much as you folks out east this time, but more might be coming later.

DAC

It's snowing now. Just started.
When we had the warm snap, I got onto the tractor and disc harrowed all of the gardens. It's the smartest thing to do when opportunity knocks.

All of the compost from Fall and Winter was stacked onto the gardens. Those microbes doing their work. Opening up the compost only, not really tilling the soil, allows the SNOW DENSE NUTRIENTS to find their way into the open compost now.

1711286916806.png

Snow protects your STRAWBERRY plants too!

1711286978546.png

1711287064590.png

Bring on the Spring time easy snow! Just a few inches here and there is all. Not in feet mind you. :p

Well we got 6 to 8" of wet heavy snow, in places it was 2' and in places it was 4", got the Kubota out drove to my home and went to work it was slow going with the wet heavy stuff and in the spot where it was 2' deep it must have drifted and it was hard underneath the blower and tractor would ride up and leave about 8+" of hard snow working past the hard area I got it blown out then was backing up and got stuck rear wheels spinning RH front wheel was 6-8" in the air tried going back ^ forward nothing then the light came on the B2601 has differential lock. Looked at here it is got my heel on the lock and my RH heel on the reverse pedal and it backed right up what good tractor got the yard cleaned up pretty good will see how it is tomorrow we are suppose to get snow tonight and tomorrow. Drove back to the shop cleaned in front of the shop doors and then backed the Kubota in and shut it and the cab heater down, its 28*F and I got the heater set down to 2 and then to 1 it was warm in the cab

That's great Gary! Thought you were in a tuff spot, and then figured out that tractor could drive right out! Storm is over here, only got 4-5" but have had some stout wind with it. Bare ground in places, and 3-4 foot drifts in others. Was a "dryer" storm here as the temps were in the teens without the wind chill figured in.

DAC

I've only used my Diff. lock one time and it really makes a difference. Came right out of the mud. I didn't even use the snow blower. Had mounted it but we got so little snow that I took it off and put the snow bucket back on. It was nice moving snow with just a vest on.

I've only used my Diff. lock one time and it really makes a difference. Came right out of the mud. I didn't even use the snow blower. Had mounted it but we got so little snow that I took it off and put the snow bucket back on. It was nice moving snow with just a vest on.
WOW. I use the Difflock about 80% of the time plowing snow. I can't see not using it.

I wouldn't use the lock unless needed today it was needed, I have all 4 tires ballasted and that make a big difference. Sounds like I got a lot more snow then you Chris but not as much as they were predicting. Of course there's still tomorrow and are suppose to get more I guess time will tell.

Back