Used the Kubota this morning

It is a good thing this is the first tractor I;ve had with a differential lock and it work slick yesterday. You have any snow out your way Noel

Just about all gone Gary. There was a big snow storm in Maine and New Hampshire that dumped a lot of snow there, which could have came here, lucky it turned to rain before it got to my area. Still will be 6 weeks or more before we cut grass.

Noel

WOW. I use the Difflock about 80% of the time plowing snow. I can't see not using it.
Hi Bret, I was thinking about you saying you use the differential lock a lot and looking at the picture you posted looks like your Yanmar is 2 wheel drive so when moving snow that would make a big difference vs Chris & my Kubota being 4 wheel drive,

Put another 1.5 hrs on the B2601 this afternoon, snow isn't a wet and sticky but its heavy and deep so it blew out the chute better but its work moving thru it, I getting use to operating the tractor & blower and I like it only think that bugs me some is the reverse pedal on the hydro

only think that bugs me some is the reverse pedal on the hydro
Unfortunately that pedal gets used a lot. I may have mentioned this before but I attached a small block of wood to the reverse side of the pedal on my Kubota and it made it much more comfortable for my heel and ankle. Pretty sure my Son still has it on there. Don’t know how your pedal is situated so it might not work for you.

Unfortunately that pedal gets used a lot. I may have mentioned this before but I attached a small block of wood to the reverse side of the pedal on my Kubota and it made it much more comfortable for my heel and ankle. Pretty sure my Son still has it on there. Don’t know how your pedal is situated so it might not work for you.
I tried adding an extension on the reverse pedal but that did help at all made it harder to use so I'll look into doing something else, if it weren't so darn stiff or hard to push down it would be fine

I tried adding an extension on the reverse pedal but that did help at all made it harder to use so I'll look into doing something else, if it weren't so darn stiff or hard to push down it would be fine

Maybe put a weaker spring on the reverse motion Gary. My Ford garden tractor has two springs. One forward and one reverse. The reverse spring is much stronger than the forward one.
I don’t know the set up on your tractor.

Noel

Nice. Original Tractor Cab. We helped our elderly neighbor put his on. I did not think about a Diesel heater for him ! Great idea. I will look it up and see the cost. Several of us in the neighborhood try to take care of him as he has done for us when he was younger, He bought an electric heater and fan but his Kubota only has a rectifier not an alternator so it would drain the battery quick. Glad you were warm in there. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe put a weaker spring on the reverse motion Gary. My Ford garden tractor has two springs. One forward and one reverse. The reverse spring is much stronger than the forward one.
I don’t know the set up on your tractor.

Noel
Hi Noel I haven't looked in to it yet but was wondering if the reverse spring could be changed or set with a bit less tension.

his Kubota only has a rectifier not an alternator so it would drain the battery quick.
They have a dynamo unless you order an alternator or install the alternator kit, but yes the dynamo won't keep up with the electric heater and I'm not sure an electric heater can keep up in winter either
I ordered the Vevor diesel heater this is the one I got VEVOR 3KW Diesel Parking Heater 12V Diesel Air Heater 3000W Diesel Heater Double Mufflers with LCD Thermostat for RV Boats Car Bus Caravan Motorhome | VEVOR US

Back