Well, Sort Of

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Found this real CHEAP so I bought it yesterday:
DSCN4960.JPG DSCN4961.JPG DSCN4962.JPG

DSCN4963.JPG DSCN4964.JPG

Pro's: 14" tires near new, 5 bolt wheels, pulls well, tailgate hinges on the bottom.

Con's: Made with thin sheet metal floor that's bent up real bad, 1-7/8" hitch (rather it was 2", no biggie to change, pipe tongue, 3/16" angle framework, only three crossmembers under the floor (and they are bent).

It's 49" wide by 97" long inside. Too narrow for even small mowers and sits pretty high. Not made for too much weight, for sure. I have cleaned it out and took the lumber off the top. Need to figure out what I can do to make it better cheaply. Maybe start over. LOL

Don't know what you're calling cheap but it doesn't look bad...put a piece of plywood in on the metal for the floor. Let that take the beating.
Solid axle or springs..?

Don't know what you're calling cheap but it doesn't look bad...put a piece of plywood in on the metal for the floor. Let that take the beating.
Solid axle or springs..?
Has single leaf springs. Slipper end. Not a lot of weight capacity! Paid $100 for it.

I did get some of the floor straightened some. Needs more work there, just not the time to mess with it.

Last edited:
You see all kinds of trailer running around in these parts without lights or turn signals. Especially live stock trailers. Neighbor used to be bad that way, even the heavy trailer for the back hoe and excavator. Till he got new help, New guy flat told him I will no pull any trailer without lights & brakes if it has it. Spent one whole winter working on trailers. First time the brakes worked on his heavy duty trailer in years.

I got the new wires ran and the tail lights wired up. I used my HF Hydraulic crimper. Works pretty good. Put heat shrink over all connections.
DSCN5014.JPG DSCN5015.JPG DSCN5016.JPG
DSCN5017.JPG

Here's the lights and the new braces to protect them.
DSCN5018.JPG DSCN5019.JPG

All wired in and tested. I'll drill some holes and zip tie the excess wire up. You can see the mounts I made for them here. I'll weld them better when the winds die down.
DSCN5020.JPG DSCN5021.JPG

Nice little run-about, Kenny.
I put new lights in my little 4x6. Scavanged some weatherproof boxes and put on LED lights with a protective cover.
(My last.LEDs met an early demise because I didn't see something in the weeds I was backing into.)

I bet you'll find lots of uses for it. If you keep it, maybe even a tilt option?

Nice little run-about, Kenny.
I put new lights in my little 4x6. Scavanged some weatherproof boxes and put on LED lights with a protective cover.
(My last.LEDs met an early demise because I didn't see something in the weeds I was backing into.)

I bet you'll find lots of uses for it. If you keep it, maybe even a tilt option?
That would be a lot of work/time/money for materials. I'd rather it be wider and lower! Thinking about taking the tailgate off and turning it around so the flat side is in and making it removable. Maybe adding chains to the sides (so the gate is flat) for long material. Really need to get the floor back up where it should be. We'll see what transpires.

I finished off the wiring and took the tail gate off. Needed it out of the way so I could address the loose floor (sheet metal) back there. Floor is reattached, now I can address the tailgate! That's tomorrow's work!

Thanks for that link, Kenny! I'll have to look at them next time I'm there, try to catch it with a coupon.

DAC

That tool is made for big wire. Only goes down to a 14 ga and goes up in size from there. I would never use it enough to pay to have it asd I don't get into that big wiring. #10 house wire is as big as I get and that is real rare. Be a handy tool for electrical contractors.

That tool is made for big wire. Only goes down to a 14 ga and goes up in size from there. I would never use it enough to pay to have it asd I don't get into that big wiring. #10 house wire is as big as I get and that is real rare. Be a handy tool for electrical contractors.
I used the 7 AWG for the connectors I had. That's pretty small! Here's a link to the AWG chart:

Your right Kenny. I was thinking connector size. That tool does not using the insulated type wire connectors. Looks like the bare connectors with heat shrink. I normally use the insulated connectors with a bit of silicone to prevent corrosion. Going to check it out as I have a 25% off coupon.

Back