What did I buy

Is the operator's seat missing? The tracks look waaay too tight. Not trying to be too critical but those hyd hoses can't possibly be a factory installation. It looks like someone dug up a ball of hibernating snakes.

Last edited:
Is the operator's seat missing? The tracks look waaay too tight. Not trying to be too critical but those hyd hoses can't possibly be a factory installation. It looks like someone dug up a ball of hibernating snakes.
No seat, no engine installed. If it is all factory it would be the first time I found cast street Ls in factory hydraulics. Got an engine with it. Big Wisconsin single. Owner prior to me watched it rust for about 5 years. Tracks are frozen/stuck. Resurrecting this beast will be a long and laborious project. I found a spring in the side rails for track tension but found no way to adjust it. Just pulled it in the yard at 5 o'clock and haven't spent a lot of time inspecting it.
Don

Well I tried the diesel. leaks like a at the oil seals. Looks like it will require a total tear down of the final drives. That is a can of worms i am not sure I will want to tackle. Time to step back and re group.
Don

OK decided to tear it down. Twisted off one bolt rounded off about 6 nuts that refused to turn. Every thing so far has been through bolted so nothing left in a threaded hole. Had to remove the rounded nuts with a cold chisel. I probably should have just used the hot wrench but hate to sacrifice the bolts. Got the 8N and attempted to lift off the loader, it is all loose and I thought the hard part was over. The majority of the bolts are near impossible to get a back up wrench on. The 8N won't lift the loader. Every year I use the 8N to unload stove pellets on one ton pallets so I am having a hard time believing this. Don't know if something is wrong with the tractor or does that loader weigh over a ton. Time to back up and regroup again.
Don

After supper I went back out and studied the situation. Used two floor jacks and a high lift jack to lift the loader and start moving it forward. Put a pipe roller across the frame to prevent it from going back down. Slow but moving forward. Expect to finish removing the loader tomorrow.
Don

Back