Winter GT/LT Storage

The nice thing about Racon is the cats don't bother the bait and a dead mouse don't bother the cats either. At least it hasen't so far. Not so sure about Decon. We usually turn up a Opossum or two feeding the hay out.

I've been keeping these GT/LT tractors in our hay barn during the winter. They have been spending the last 2 summer's outside to make room for the hay. We have fed out enough now that I can get them back inside. Since all these tractors are moth balled I decided to use my JD GT225 to tow them back into the barn. Put the first 2 in this afternoon and should finish up the other 6 over the next day or two. I also want to get my Blower and plow tractors staged where they are ready for snow duty if need be.

View attachment 7069View attachment 7070View attachment 7071View attachment 7072View attachment 7073
nice collection of machines

I currently have 1 outside, glad no snow yet, but we're getting Willie's rain today. 1 Machine in my garage (barely), and 3 are 30 miles away in a friend's barn. Got the important one in my garage here, the one with the snowblower on it, all ready to go. Hopefully it acts like insurance and I wind up not needing to actually have to use it this season.
Might have to pull a GL Grumpy and sell a couple come spring. No I won't say that I'm getting out. I know better, eventually more follow me home.

The one outside, I'm debating on whether or not to put the blade and chains back on, it still has the WW fluid weighted tires on the back.

I use tarp and off the ground for outdoor storage. My SS16 sleeps in heated garage only during winter so its ready to work!

Attachments

• B979A8A7-4D1A-4014-AAB3-EEF85B0068FF.jpeg
    B979A8A7-4D1A-4014-AAB3-EEF85B0068FF.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Every one of mine are inside except when in use. Even at night they go back inside. Heavy dew is just a bad as a rain.

Back