Workin' on a Farmall

I cleaned up the hitch pieces and installed a grease fitting. I only used one zerk in the middle after seeing how it was built. The end plates act as the bearings for the shaft and the pipe center has about an 1/8" larger Dia. so it will just get filled with grease and push out of the ends. I don't think it will ever seize up again. I hope this is the last surprise that needs to be fixed and I can get this put back together this coming week.

100_1237 (Medium).JPG100_1238 (Medium).JPG100_1239 (Medium).JPG100_1240 (Medium).JPG

Over the weekend I made an air intake tube that goes from the air cleaner to the carb. The owner looked everywhere in his shop and couldn't find the original. also installed the fuel line, water temp gauge, and choke cable. Today I removed all of the broken bolts and screws from the hood and dash mounting points.

100_1311 (Medium).JPG100_1308 (Medium).JPG100_1309 (Medium).JPG

Got most of the sheet metal back on, just need screws for the dash. The white corrugated engine side covers that I was given were not for this tractor. They are too long like they are from a 460/560 model. The tractor came with an extra seat base that I can shorten up to make a battery box which will be one of the last things I need to do to this tractor.

100_1331 (Medium).JPG100_1332 (Medium).JPG100_1333 (Medium).JPG100_1334 (Medium).JPG

My 450 had several bad & missing screws for the hood and dash. I used straight slot 5/16 X 34 screws and replaced all of them. I hate a darn phillips anyway.

Hi cjet your progressing so is this your tractor or are you working on it for someone?

It belongs to my cousin. He inherited it when his Dad passed away and I am just getting it running again and hanging the sheet metal back on. My brother did an in-frame engine rebuild with new pistons, sleeves, and bearing's along with a head rebuild over 20 yrs ago on this tractor. Then the project stalled out. I'll be getting a Farmall H project for my labor and he is paying for all materials.

I was asked if I could mount up a different seat on the 340 since the original was nothing but seat springs with no padding. The owner had this seat already and didn't want to spend the money on a new reproduction. I was able to make an angle iron bracket and weld it on to the original frame to make things work. I also cut 2" out of the height of the battery box to make more clearance between the seat and battery.

100_1399 (Medium).JPG100_1408 (Medium).JPG100_1409 (Medium).JPG100_1410 (Medium).JPG100_1401 (Medium).JPG

Back