1934 Chevy Coupe

Traill95

Rossville, Illinois
Thought I should move this off of 4getgto's post. not polite to interrupt a different conversation. I plan to leave the outside stock for a year or two and concentrate on the interior and Drive train. The Front end is out of a 52 chevy truck and it wanders all over the road. Plan is a new steering column, and a mustang 2 type front suspension and steering.

1934 coupe.jpg 1934 Chevy.jpg

That is a nice looking car! Cars from the early to mid 30's are my favorites. How's the wood in your body?
I have to rebuild the steering gear box in my 30 DeSoto so I kind of have an idea what your up to.
Good luck with the Project.

I used a FATMAN IFS in my ’41 truck. Their kit has top hats cut to specifically fit your frame with correct angle cut into top hat.
I stated looking at the fatmans ifs after reading your post. They sell one for the 34 chevy standard. I am going to call them next week. Too much going on here right now trying to get ready for our tractor show saturday.

Last edited:
Going to the factory up by Chicago and picking up the Heidt's front end that I ended up ordering. Picking it up is cheaper than having it shipped to me. The wife is fine with that because she gets to travel and eat out. Need to take a few pics as I have been disassembling the 34 to get ready to install the front end and decide what I am going to do with the rear end.

I am also gathering part for the coupe and the new motor. I have a buddy that insisted on putting the motor together while I concentrated on the coupe. No worries about the motor , He has been building chevy motors since the sixties.

carb.jpg steering.jpg

Back