1934 Chevy Coupe

It's a 194 out of a 62 chevy II. and the tranny is a powerglide. The motor runs good and the tranny shifted good also.
I'd probably still haul it off for you! Should be able to get some bucks out of it. There's some good Chevy six banger groups on Facebook that allow buying and selling.

DAC

I have one of those engines here I'm tired of looking at.... belongs to a buddy who needed a spot to store "for a while".... it's been here for 6-7 years at least. he has an original 63 Nova with a 194, with very low miles, was his Dad's car, this was a spare motor to that.

I got the front suspension installed and a set of tires on the frame today. I am waiting to get the rear axles back from the shop, they are replacing the bearings. Then I can locate the coil over shocks and set the angle of the pumpkin with the motor and trans. I also need to get the motor and trans set in so I can seat the front springs. Right now not enough weight on them when I set it down on the floor.

Front end.jpg

With a lot of help from Brother Rick (CRF6179) we got the coil over shocks located, installed and everything welded up and covered with Por15 and yes it is on my hands. I didn't wear gloves because I didn't do that much. Rick did almost all of the welding and was the much needed second opinion when trying to locate where everything needed to go.

Frame Suspension.jpg

Now to get the motor attached to the Tranny and located onto the frame. I will set the body down in place to locate and install the drivetrain then remove it to fasten and weld whatever is needed. I will also take the time to install a new fuel line and brake lines before setting the body down on the frame for the last time.

That stock Frame is pretty solid. I'm boxing it in in some places to better attach the parts I am putting on. as in the new Crossmember, Motor mounts, Transmission Mounts and Shock placement.
I boxed my frame from front to forward cab mounts….about 5’ each side. DAB20F81-83D5-4AD5-8F98-15137AF479AA.jpegI also sprung for stainless steel A-arms.

I am now trying to locate the motor/tranny to a position that works best for this setup. I have had the motor in and out body up and down several times. I think we are getting really close to the right spot to locate radiator, motor and body to be all in good alignment and fit. I will be making the frame part of the motor mounts and transmission mount. Once that is all set then I will put an exhaust system on it and set the body down for the last time hopefully.
motor .jpg

Are you going to have to cut the firewall and transmission hump to fit the engine and tranny? That's gonna be a beautiful street rod!

DAC

Are you going to have to cut the firewall and transmission hump to fit the engine and tranny? That's gonna be a beautiful street rod!

DAC
Trying to avoid both of those. The motor clears the fire wall but the tranny presents a problem. Almost all of the pics I have seen show a flat floorboard Which is what is was originally so I am trying to keep that by setting the motor lower in the frame. Ground clearance should not be a problem. My Ford Edge only has 7 inches of clearance, I will have around nine on this.

Back