And more junk.

Wouldn't have an idea right off hand what to do with it either Doug. But for the price you can think a long time about it..
Honestly I do know ....probably get $50-$100 on FB... :thumbs:
Bill the master "flipper"---LOL! I can't sell it as a motorcycle trailer since there is a title out there somewhere, it could come back to bite me. Now just calling it a yard trailer or something might work unless the buyer tried to make it streetable again then the same problem. I haven't spotted the required serial number on it anywhere to register a trailer, but there must be one somewhere. Could part it out and sell pieces too.

Nice find could you use it as a toolbox in one of your trucks and salvage the under carriage for another project.
The toolbox would fit the '72 or the son's '83. Definitely thinking about that. On the son's C-10 it could hold a tarp and tie downs for hauling crap to the dump. I've got a steel Delta box out behind the shop that I had on the '72 for many years. Used it when I was self employed. Had a ladder rack on it too. The steel Delta box holds wheels and hardware for the scaffolding I have stored back there.

I'm in the same boat. I maybe have 1 or 2 beers a year anymore.
I have more than that CJet, but still not enough to fill that box without having a lot of help to empty it---LOL!

Don't you just love a good woman! There's no substitute.

If it were mine it would get filled with lawn care items. Weed wacker, chainsaw, and such things.
I guess since we will be having our 48th anniversary in October, maybe this should make me keep her---LOL!
That's a good idea too Chris! The racks I built on the yard trailer fit stuff like shovels and rakes best. The powered stuff is a little awkward on them.

Didn't get much done in the shop today. After a doc appointment in town this morning, I stayed near my phone in the house until mid afternoon. My oldest sister had a 4 hour surgery today. My youngest older sister and her husband are at the hospital with her. There were a couple of complications but it sounds like she came through it ok. Still waiting to get word if they were able to visit her. She's 10 years older than me so it's worrysome that she had to go through the surgery. I've been taking the eyedrops for my cataract surgery tomorrow.

Did a little more on the trailer today. It's a Craftsman box, built by Delta. Still have to do some heavy scraping yet.
IMG_1425.jpg

I opened the lid and the chain bolt pulled out and flipped clear over. No nut on the bolt holding the chain to the box end! Must have been on a bind when I opened it yesterday. Fixed that issue!
IMG_1427.jpg

Took the license plate and frame off. I'll build a mount on my trailer to use the chrome frame.

Ran the GT5000 back outside and even in high wind, I fought a body bag over it. Possible severe storms tonight so Loree's car will come inside. That free trailer will fit with her car in here.

Probably won't be on tomorrow.

DAC

I’m a blinker Carol had to put mine in and of coarse I enjoyed the attention. I tried a couple of times and missed my whole eye.
Sure glad you and Carol had successful procedures, Jim! I seem to be able to get the drops in myself ok. I got to binge watching Vice Grip Garage on a TV in the house that will do youtube today and my second dose of drops ended up 2 hours late! Still have plenty of vision issues.

Hope everything goes well with your surgery tomorrow Doug.

jhn9840
John
Thanks, John!

Good luck Doug.

Noel
I appreciate it Noel!

I'll be putting good thoughts out to the universe for you tomorrow Doug. I had nothing but success with both my cataract surgeries and wish the same for you.
Glad your surgeries went well Lorna! Thank-you!

Doug you'll be out mowing that dusty yard before you know it..!
You'll do good...
If it keeps raining, there won't be too much dust for awhile, Bill! Thanks!

Good luck Doug.
I appreciate it Cub!

You will come out A-OK on that surgery Doug.
So far so good, Roger! Thank-you!

Had the follow up this morning and the surgeon said everything looks good. Long as I do my part it should go well. Dialated follow up next week. Still don't feel like I should drive, and don't have to until Friday. Just being a lazy bum.

A picture of that car I lettered on the race track was posted on FB so I saved it. There was a "Test and Tune" last Saturday so he got to try it out.

Photo by JR Hughes, Untitled Document
4-5-24.jpg

Kind of sterile looking compared to the wild vinyl wraps but the photographer said the "retro" look is cool! That photographer has been around this track as long as me which goes back to the late 1960's! Yeah he's almost a geezer, 2 or 3 years younger than me.

DAC

Don't think any of the cars used the wrap in this area. Local guy did a lot of the numbers. He was usually at the races and if a car got the number messed up they could get hold of him and he would have them ready in 2 days. Lot of times he would have single numbers with him, and they could make up their number for the next night at Omaha or Harlen.

Back