And more junk.

Don't think any of the cars used the wrap in this area. Local guy did a lot of the numbers. He was usually at the races and if a car got the number messed up they could get hold of him and he would have them ready in 2 days. Lot of times he would have single numbers with him, and they could make up their number for the next night at Omaha or Harlen.
I did that a lot too, Roger. Back in the days when a legible number was important!

DAC

Those scoring people got real picky with numbers. They all looked at the door as they went by. Frowned real heavy on any kind of reflective number. Drivers were not happy when I would not clear a car with reflective numbers the second night. Spent $100+ for the 3 big fancy numbers and then have to remove them.

Doug my dilation didn’t completely go away for a day or more. I also was having flickers of light in my peripheral. This went away after awhile. It was caused by lights reflecting from the incision. You never mentioned wearing an eye protector but we both did at night and if we went out. It was just a clear plastic cup taped over your eye. Hoping you’re feeling better with a speedy recovery.

Those scoring people got real picky with numbers. They all looked at the door as they went by. Frowned real heavy on any kind of reflective number. Drivers were not happy when I would not clear a car with reflective numbers the second night. Spent $100+ for the 3 big fancy numbers and then have to remove them.
The track photographers hated the reflective numbers back in the days with film cameras and flash photography, Roger. Seems digitals can be set without a flash for night racing so not a problem any more. I stayed away from it much as possible but some customers had to have reflective or mirrored graphics. No more scorers with transponders.

Welcome home Doug. Nice to hear your doing good. Don't be rubbing those peepers in your sleep.
Thanks, Chris, won't be any rubbing going on long as I remember to put on the eye shield.

Doug my dilation didn’t completely go away for a day or more. I also was having flickers of light in my peripheral. This went away after awhile. It was caused by lights reflecting from the incision. You never mentioned wearing an eye protector but we both did at night and if we went out. It was just a clear plastic cup taped over your eye. Hoping you’re feeling better with a speedy recovery.
I have the same thing going on with the light reflection, Jim. Only have to wear the shield at night. They didn't say anything about going out. My protector is metal with padding around the edges. Has little holes drilled in it.

I had the overnight protectors as well. They were not uncomfortable and I'm glad I had them just in case I accidently rubbed my eyes while asleep.
Same here, Lorna. I really don't even notice it, except when watching TV while it's on. The TV is my sleeping pill---LOL! Puts me out fast.

Yep.....Thinking of Doug here..!
View attachment 81400
I hate to say it, Bill, but I did that once with my regular glasses---LOL! Can't remember which eye. I got a case of "red eye" like sprint car drivers get after a series of hard flips!

Still being a lazy bum pretty much.

DAC

Had running to do in town this morning and then go buy eggs from our supplier at the sh!t plant. Got home about 1 and had lunch then called my oldest sister to see how she is doing after a hiatal hernia surgery a week ago. She's not doing well. She is having severe pain in her neck and back. She went to an urgent care yesterday and they would not give her anything for pain. They said at 77 years old the painkillers might cause her to fall. Use pain ointments, none of which are working. Told her to contact her primary doctor who she can't even get a telehealth appointment with until Wednesday. They said she can't be alone, which she is too. A friend is with her right now and my other sister who is 75, has issues of her own, as far as giving her full time care. The point of this is I will probably be going to Denver to help her for awhile. Tomorrow is my 1 week post op appointment with the eye surgeon. Will be dilatating the right eye. I'm hoping she clears me to mow and lift the softener salt bags so I can get that done before I go. Need to change oil in the Denali too.

Tinkered on that free trailer for a bit this afternoon. Put a different chain on it to hold the lid open as the old one was mounted in a weak spot. Then Race Hub came on so I got a drawer full of old keys out and started trying some on the lock while watching TV.
IMG_1431.jpg

Only tried 6 or 7 keys and found one that works! Probably should go buy a lottery ticket---LOL!
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

That was it for production today.

DAC

Way to go on the key!!!!! Don't stop now your on a roll.
Great luck finding a key so quickly Doug. I could try everyday for a year and never find one

jhn9840
John
Sure don't know how I got so lucky on that key, LOL! My guess is the locks that Craftsman had Delta use probably don't have very complicated patterns on them!

I got the OK from my eye surgeon to go ahead and mow, and do chores, then 2 hours later the rain was pouring down. I got home from that doc appointment, fired up the '72 GMC, threw the gas cans in the box and spent 85 bucks on non-ethanol gas for the cans and the truck. Got home just in time to get wet unloading the cans. Hope things dry out enough to mow tomorrow.

DAC

Sure don't know how I got so lucky on that key, LOL! My guess is the locks that Craftsman had Delta use probably don't have very complicated patterns on them!

I got the OK from my eye surgeon to go ahead and mow, and do chores, then 2 hours later the rain was pouring down. I got home from that doc appointment, fired up the '72 GMC, threw the gas cans in the box and spent 85 bucks on non-ethanol gas for the cans and the truck. Got home just in time to get wet unloading the cans. Hope things dry out enough to mow tomorrow.

DAC
Good to hear your eye is healing well Doug. Be careful with it. Remember when we were young and tough we could grind metal all day long without dumb safety glasses all the other safety stuff. Boy those were the days.......

Also we were talking about control panels a while ago. Those keys (some) are relatively common to other things too. I use a set on our camper trailer and one fit a tool box on back of a buddies truck.

Speaking of keys, About 8 years ago a Vet. had a 7000 series JD tractor stolen. Found out a $40K truck lock has slim chance another key will fit in the whole state but a $150K 7000 series tractors were all keyed alike.
Usually all farm and construction equipment was keyed alike till the use of MFD's were installed in them. If you had a CAT key, you could operate any CAT equipment. Case excavator key is the same as a Link Belt (same machine, different colors, features etc), JD excavator is the same as a Hitachi one. While in the Army i had one key that would work in my lowboy rig, a older vibratory roller, and about two or three other trucks/machines.

Back