Battery grease gun

I have an air one too. It only pumps grease 5 or 6 shots then quits. Maybe I was using too much pressure with it too. Got the air regulated to 90 on one hose and full tank pressure on another. I don't want to drag the hose around, so that gun will probably end up in scrap.

Ordered one today.

DAC

I got one of the Bauer ones from HF. https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-cordless-variable-speed-grease-gun-tool-only-58608.html. I got it on sale for $89, buy a battery and charger and get a free tool. I have only used it a few times, but so far it seems to work good. Better than a hand pump. I have other Bauer tools too and haven’t had any trouble with any of them yet.
As I said earlier in this thread, Nick, I checked with our local HF. They had the grease guns, but were sold out of the battery/charger starter kits. They weren't sure when more may be in.

The one I ordered is supposed to be here Friday.

DAC

I got one of the Bauer ones from HF. https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-cordless-variable-speed-grease-gun-tool-only-58608.html. I got it on sale for $89, buy a battery and charger and get a free tool. I have only used it a few times, but so far it seems to work good. Better than a hand pump. I have other Bauer tools too and haven’t had any trouble with any of them yet.
Sounds like a pretty good deal Nick.
Usually the "free" tool offered in those deals are a select few cheaper tools.

Another Buy One Get offer I took them ( HF ) up on was the $ 59.00 20 volt battery and the 1/2" Earthquake Impact gun. It works great but the batteries for the Bauer and Earthquake line are not interchangeable. Bauer is a separate brand.
I did buy the Bauer 3/8" impact gun with the BOGO promo and I will also say it works well.
It's unfortunate that i buy all these time and muscle saving tools because it says that I am getting old and can no longer grab a breaker bar or ratchet socket and get after it. I guess at my age it's the fact that I am still able to do that kind of work and more importantly want to do it.
You all have good day and enjoy what you are doing.

I did this same thing, I got a grinder. Gave them to my dad. He was always complaining about grabbing a cord or such to grind. I gave him
An old dewalt 18v impact from the mine years ago.

As I said earlier in this thread, Nick, I checked with our local HF. They had the grease guns, but were sold out of the battery/charger starter kits. They weren't sure when more may be in.

The one I ordered is supposed to be here Friday.

DAC
It seems like almost every time I want something from there it’s out of stock. Good luck with the one you got, let us know how it works.
Sounds like a pretty good deal Nick.
Usually the "free" tool offered in those deals are a select few cheaper tools.
I was really surprised to see this offered in that deal. Battery, charger, and tool for $40 less than the tool normally costs. I have not seen it again since then. I wanted one for a while, but didn’t need it bad enough to justify the regular price.

It seems like almost every time I want something from there it’s out of stock. Good luck with the one you got, let us know how it works.

I was really surprised to see this offered in that deal. Battery, charger, and tool for $40 less than the tool normally costs. I have not seen it again since then. I wanted one for a while, but didn’t need it bad enough to justify the regular price.
I will give a report on whether or not I wasted $110 bucks, Nick---LOL!

Looks like here it was one of those too good to be true deals at HF. Wonder how many folks went there to but one of those sale tools just to find out the battery and charger kit is on backorder?

DAC

I will give a report on whether or not I wasted $110 bucks, Nick---LOL!

Looks like here it was one of those too good to be true deals at HF. Wonder how many folks went there to but one of those sale tools just to find out the battery and charger kit is on backorder?

DAC
My local harbor freight will order you whatever you want that’s on sale and honor the price. Free shipping to your house or store pickup. If it’s back ordered you’ll just wait but still get the sale price. Once I had that happen and it ended up going on sale cheaper and they returned the difference to me.

My local store is a darn good one though. The manager is awesome. I’ve spent a good bit of cash there for myself and for the shop. Shop has a harbor freight card and I just stop in and get what we need and return broken stuff.

My local harbor freight will order you whatever you want that’s on sale and honor the price. Free shipping to your house or store pickup. If it’s back ordered you’ll just wait but still get the sale price. Once I had that happen and it ended up going on sale cheaper and they returned the difference to me.

My local store is a darn good one though. The manager is awesome. I’ve spent a good bit of cash there for myself and for the shop. Shop has a harbor freight card and I just stop in and get what we need and return broken stuff.
Yeah they would have supported the sale, but I didn't want to wait. Checked the website and they are still out of stock on the kits. Not putting HF down, as I wouldn't have the tools I do without them. Just didn't work out for me in this instance. They were sorry the kits were sold out, and couldn't give me a timeframe, but other stores in bigger demand areas probably get preference over a store out here in "flyover" country.

DAC

Ther Omaha, NE metro area ahs 3 HF stores. Newest and my go to is in Council Bluffs next to Home Depot. Another store South in Bellevue and the 3rd ins out in West Omaha. One of the stores will usually have the item my go to store may be sold out of.

We are 65 mile to the closest HF and then 75 to the next closest. We usually wait to go to do shopping at other store as well. Out best shopping food wise is 14 miles away and then 30 after that.
As far as HF goes I have had all kinds of tools, hand and electric, corded and cordless. I have found the tools they offer are of comparable quality to others such as Snap-On, Craftsman, S&K, Husky, and such. I have had hand tools go bad from there and they have replace with no hassle. I do have a Earthquake 1/2" 1600BPM 1200 FP ,20 volt impact gun that they are not making anymore and they would not exchange it for another of like size even though it was still under warranty. HF discontinued that particular model and replaced it with a 3/4" model that was aprox 20 dollars more. I opted not to exchange it but did get a written assurance from HF that I could still exchange it if the problem with the gun , a trigger sticking problem , caused it to quit working completely in the future, with no time limit given. So we will see how that goes. It still works well and I use it a lot. It goes with us in our truck as our tire changer.

Was just in HF yesterday and as usual came out with more than I went in for ;). Don't get in there often but it's fun to look around when I do. I've Been shopping through the mail with HF for many years and still have at least one of their cheap ($14.99?) 4" angle grinders around here. Like hamman I've had pretty good luck with their tools. The only thing I can think of that pooped out right away was one of their older cheapest heat guns. The next one was more expensive and it's still working like a champ.
What the heck, everybodies tools are made in China anyway. Our nears store is 20 miles away.

Was just in HF yesterday and as usual came out with more than I went in for ;). Don't get in there often but it's fun to look around when I do. I've Been shopping through the mail with HF for many years and still have at least one of their cheap ($14.99?) 4" angle grinders around here. Like hamman I've had pretty good luck with their tools. The only thing I can think of that pooped out right away was one of their older cheapest heat guns. The next one was more expensive and it's still working like a champ.
What the heck, everybodies tools are made in China anyway. Our nears store is 20 miles away.
I find it impossible to go into HF for something and leave without a bunch more stuff too, Chris!

The only major tool failure I remember ever having was a less than $20 90* air die grinder. I bought it for a specific job, to grind away 10 welded in bolts. Ended having to grind the entire head down enough to drive them out as they weren't going to pull out the same way they went in. Used a 1/4" shaft burr to cut the steel. On the last bolt just as I made it through the grinder completely fell apart at the 90* joint! I figured for what it cost (can't remember anymore exact price) it was well worth the cost of the tool to get the job done!

I still have a couple of the $14.99 grinders that still work fine too, and one that I think only need brushes. Probably not worth fixing it for the cost of a new one.

DAC

I would be broke 90% of the time if I had a HF 20 miles away. The one tool I got there that is really a dead item as far as I am concerned is their battery chain saw. Chain runs way to slow; all it wants to do is jump up and down. Looking for another Bauer tool I can use the battery & charger for that would be more useful.

I think our HF opened 5 or 6 years ago. Before that I would go to one in the Denver area when we would be down there to visit my sisters.

The gun I ordered arrived today. Haven't had time to mess with it much. Charging the batteries right now.
DSCN6254.JPG

DSCN6255.JPG

DAC

Back