favorite homemade attachment

I am building another front scoop for my tractors right now.....Its coming along slowly, will probably take most of the winter to do it with the cold and an unheated shop.

Got a little more done on this recently. Should be finished by spring...I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 23
That'll be awfully useful when done! What will work/lock the tilt/dump?
Those hook pieces in the last 2 pictures lock the bucket from tilting. I pull on that rod and it dumps. The problem I am having though is when I get the bucket up like in the 2nd last pic. All the weight goes to the back and it won't dump by gravity. I have to lower it some to get it to dump. I may have to move the pivot point back some more.

My favorite was my front end loader. This pic was before I swapped it to a Massey 1655 with a yanmar diesel installed. I also switched to a tilt cylinder on each loader arm, as the single in the center didn't have enough tilt force for cleaning the calf stalls easily. I also have a bucket for other duties. Since ending a life of dairy farming, and buying my Kubota, it hasn't seen much action.
View attachment 20201
How was that 13 years ago? You’re not that old.

Got a little more done on this recently. Should be finished by spring...I hope.
Wow i can see that being very useful. Can you show a few pics of your trigger assembly for dumping. I've looked at a few that were used on dump carts that would work if beefed up a little. Will it lock itself back once the load is dumped. I know the engineering on something like this has got to be a lot if hit & miss moments. Your having to use the gravity of a loaded & empty bucket to make it work for you. Will you be leaving this rig on this tractor.

Wow i can see that being very useful. Can you show a few pics of your trigger assembly for dumping. I've looked at a few that were used on dump carts that would work if beefed up a little. Will it lock itself back once the load is dumped. I know the engineering on something like this has got to be a lot if hit & miss moments. Your having to use the gravity of a loaded & empty bucket to make it work for you. Will you be leaving this rig on this tractor.

Here is a couple of pics. The hooks are spring loaded, so snap back into place. After dumping, you lower bucket to ground and back up, that puts it back in place. Gravity seems to be my problem when I have the bucket in the top position. Going to have to lower it a bit when dumping I think.
I have 4 of these same tractors, so should be able to use it on any of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 12
Here is a couple of pics. The hooks are spring loaded, so snap back into place. After dumping, you lower bucket to ground and back up, that puts it back in place. Gravity seems to be my problem when I have the bucket in the top position. Going to have to lower it a bit when dumping I think.
I have 4 of these same tractors, so should be able to use it on any of them.
That's exactly what i had in mind. I was wondering if you were using two triggers welded to a cross bar to act together keeping the bucket level while moving. Two things some of the more experienced folks told me when I first got into this hobby about seven years ago. You need enough tractors to keep its own implement on to keep from changing. Have at least two or more right angle grinders for the same reason. So many times I do too much physically because I hate to change an implement for one day. I'm getting there.

Going to be busy with my front bucket for the next couple of days........

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 11
Larrybl, I did the exact same thing as you did, for my LGT 100 Ford tractors sleeve hitch.

Noel
I also did the same on the end of my pallet forks. Drilled 1" holes for them to slip in and drilled for 3/16" clips. One is ball, the other is just a Cat 1 pin to slip into hitches. Use them often!

Built this hill mower last summer. I had built one with a 17 inch lawn mower, but wanted something wider. Found a 36 inch deck and put a motor on it. It's only 3.5 hp, works OK, but am looking for something a bit larger to put on there.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 11
Going to be busy with my front bucket for the next couple of days........
I'd like to do that for my Sears ST/16. Have the winch mounted so far, gotta find some 16 gauge sheet to make a bucket.

Last edited:
I'd like to do that for my Sears ST/16. Have the winch mounted so far, gotta find some 16 gauge sheet to make a bucket.
This is a picture of the original bucket for my Sears loader inside the wider bucket I built for snow. The wider home made bucket shell was made from an old hot water tank. Used 1/4 plate for the ends because that is what I had laying around. Went to a steel supplier and got lucky, found abrasion resistant plate drops 3/8 by 1 3/4 to use for cutting edge.
20191113_130143.jpg
At 50 cents a pound I should have bought a mess of that A R plate but to late now. I am sure my new bucket will out last me.
20191113_130201.jpg
Don

This is a picture of the original bucket for my Sears loader inside the wider bucket I built for snow. The wider home made bucket shell was made from an old hot water tank. Used 1/4 plate for the ends because that is what I had laying around. Went to a steel supplier and got lucky, found abrasion resistant plate drops 3/8 by 1 3/4 to use for cutting edge.
View attachment 33632
At 50 cents a pound I should have bought a mess of that A R plate but to late now. I am sure my new bucket will out last me.
View attachment 33633
Don
Hadn't thought about a HW tank. Good idea! That may work!

Back