Hill Top adventures

Tired of snow.... Another 2" overnight. Got up an hour early to clear my drive then off to work to clear the building pad to be able to work. Threw extra weight on the Gravely and it sure made a big improvement on traction. I think it about 320 hanging on the 3 point.

As I was working on the Gravely, I happened to lean back against a door which promptly unlatched and opened.:( I exited the shed faster than ever before. Sprawled out in the snow with a big kink in my back. Back to eating painkillers and using a heating pad so I can move again.

As I was working on the Gravely, I happened to lean back against a door which promptly unlatched and opened.:( I exited the shed faster than ever before. Sprawled out in the snow with a big kink in my back. Back to eating painkillers and using a heating pad so I can move again.

Been there done that! :eek:
I finally gave in and had my DR. send me to a Physical Therapist. It was a good move and should have done it sooner.
Hope you recover quickly. :thumbs:

Our 1-3" of snow today ended up being 5". They were way behind in plowing the roads. 2 tractor trailers were hung up close by. It was almost 3 hours til they were able to move. With chains. One truck made it up the hill, but he had all 8 chained and was slipping. It was a heavy slick snow.
0222211500.jpg
As high as it can go.

Saturday I helped my brother with his pallet shed project. 2 skids side by side make the floor. The walls are also skids stood on edge. 2 more skids made a loft, then I framed a roof. Plans are for a metal roof.
0313211521.jpg
The smallest skid he got was 90" wide, 14' long. And on up to 20'. Brother in law nabbed up some up to 40' long, nephew thinks it would be perfect to build a ramp to launch cars.

Started the spring garden work today. Ripped up a small section for our peas. It broke up real nice using a cultivator. I haven't gotten around to tilling the last couple years, but so far it seems to be working ok. Almost shocking, Jr never heard the Gravely start, so he didn't come out to take my seat.

A rainy dreary day. 55° and it dumped for awhile. We didn't have a dry spot on us when we finally said enough for a rain day. Surprisingly, breaker on the generator only flipped once. On rain days, when we get tired of resetting flipped breakers, we say one more time and we are done. But it didn't work out so well today when it didn't flip. We just kept working..... Guess that says our cords n saws are in excellent shape.

I need to get my mantis tiller out and break up the garden. Probably do that Saturday when it's not raining.

It's had a good layer of rabbit manure on it since fall. Should be nice and fertilized.

How do you like the mantis? I keep thinking about trying a small tiller like that. I used a Troybilt horse growing up, so to go small is something new.

Back