Hoping to Build This Soon.

Got some things done this morning. But by the time I got to fenders, the sun was on things. Too hot to tweak into position.

View attachment 27188 View attachment 27189
Kenny, I just now got the opportunity to get caught up on this thread.
That is a damn fine build. It's going to make you a very good trailer for the rest of your days and it's built heavy enough you may want to consider who gets it next time.
Impressive craftsmanship my friend

Kenny, I just now got the opportunity to get caught up on this thread.
That is a damn fine build. It's going to make you a very good trailer for the rest of your days and it's built heavy enough you may want to consider who gets it next time.
Impressive craftsmanship my friend
Thank you Alan! It's been a dream for a while! Alice will ride on it comfortably!

Got the fenders welded up this morning and set it on tires for the first time. Gonna be around 14" off the ground to the deck.
DSCN5198.JPG

Got the jack and safety chains attached. Just need the channel at the back for the ramps to hook into then it's ready to paint!

Did go get the paint. It's gonna be Van Sickle Massey Ferguson Red! I also got their reducer and hardener. Then came home and read what thiner is recommended. Looks like Naptha. :rolleyes:
That'll be Sharp! Good choice.

Maybe I missed it, do you have ramp storage built in or just planning on putting them in the trailer?

That'll be Sharp! Good choice.

Maybe I missed it, do you have ramp storage built in or just planning on putting them in the trailer?
No ramp storage space, Alan. Either on the trailer, but most likely in the truck bed. I have to figure out something for hooking straps to also.

I mounted my winch front center but outside the bed area. Can put two 1 X 12" on each side with one across the front and have it ready to haul rock, etc. Each board held in place by 2 - 1/4" bolts.

I got everything back out and work for about 45 mins. Looked NW as it was getting dark out and yep, more rain coming. :mad:
Hurried and stashed thing back away. Been using the JD 112 for moving the welder around. It's fuel pump decided to give up, so had to unhook it and push it out of the way. Got the 316 hooked and put the welder away. Put everything else back in the shop. Earlier, the future view on the radar showed this fizzling out before it got here. Guess it didn't!

Back