I acquired a Ford 8n

The reviews were mostly good, a few said they had to open up the holes and bend stuff to make it fit.
We have to remember that at least ten percent of the people writing reviews shouldn't be allowed to hold a screwdriver much less write a review. And those same people are more likely to post their experiences.
That's a nice looking tank and as Gary said you made the right decision to replace the old one.

That was the best move you could make, Nick! That new tank will save a lot of headaches. Especially if the tank had a baffle in it. Makes then darnnear impossible to clean. A lot of garden tractor tanks have a baffle in them for some stupid reason.

DAC

Looking good Nick, you probably saved yourself a lot of headaches going with the new tank
Thanks Gary. Yeah, I think you are right. I have used the POR15 tank sealer before and it held up good, but that tank was not rusted bad like this, so I don’t know how well it would have held up. From what I hear, when that stuff lets loose, it causes more problems than some rust and dirt would. Then I started looking and the new tank was not much more than the POR15 kit to do a tank this size anyway.
Always thought those little 8n's were fun to drive..
Raked a lot of hay with one just like it..And cultivated a lot too.
Yeah, it is fun to drive. This may become my favorite tractor.
We have to remember that at least ten percent of the people writing reviews shouldn't be allowed to hold a screwdriver much less write a review. And those same people are more likely to post their experiences.
That's a nice looking tank and as Gary said you made the right decision to replace the old one.
That’s true. You also never know if the reviews are even real.
That was the best move you could make, Nick! That new tank will save a lot of headaches. Especially if the tank had a baffle in it. Makes then darnnear impossible to clean. A lot of garden tractor tanks have a baffle in them for some stupid reason.

DAC
The baffles were one of the reasons I went with a new one. It looks like it has 2, dividing the tank into 4 sections. Like you said, I would have never got it all clean, and if I tried to coat it, I probably never would have got everything covered.

I got the new sediment bowl and fuel line on. No leaks so far.
EA97E220-0DDA-4AC3-B7AF-5D00DE5747E7.jpegDCD8E3E1-6B21-40CF-8850-82B25240186B.jpeg7AC7C2C2-97E3-4DEC-AAF3-DBF562ADCB1E.jpegD1795C7D-ED36-49FB-AF94-42473A6C214B.jpeg
The old sediment bowl.
FB50196D-A3EB-4D5E-A07F-8AC9971BE1B0.jpeg
I should have got a picture of the old fuel line too, but I didn’t. It was cut in 2 places and had short pieces of rubber fuel line between the pieces. Not sure if they did that to make it easier to remove the hood or carburetor, or if the line got damaged and that was how they fixed it.

I got the new sediment bowl and fuel line on. No leaks so far.
View attachment 85244View attachment 85245View attachment 85246View attachment 85248
The old sediment bowl.
View attachment 85247
I should have got a picture of the old fuel line too, but I didn’t. It was cut in 2 places and had short pieces of rubber fuel line between the pieces. Not sure if they did that to make it easier to remove the hood or carburetor, or if the line got damaged and that was how they fixed it.
I'm seeing at an auction today a DEERBORN MODEL 14-15 SICKLE BAR MOWER. I believe they were more fitted towards the 8n/ 9n's. Doesn't even have a $10 bid on it.
Screenshot_20240827-072542.png

Back