JD 112 Brush Guard/Tote Build

Looks pretty good. My oem bumper on my 570 has to be folded down to open the hood. Worth the hassle to protect the front of your tractor.

I haven't crashed a tractor into a house since I was 8.....my grandfather would probably still remind me of crashing his brand new john deere if he was still alive.

I can do that, just finding the metal is the fun part. Then figuring out what to charge for one! And since I have the drawing, I can make this into it's original part (to hold JD suitcase weights).
I would be easier with some 1/4" plate that is 7.5" or 9.5" wide. Then I wouldn't have to butt weld the side brackets. A little more cutting, but still easier and could be more to the original design. For the 110/112, I would make the guard a little different at the top for headlights and to allow the hood to open with out lowering it.

Yeah I would invest in one for sure
Maybe we can work something out there. Shipping will be expensive though! Are you wanting it for your 110? I will change the design some, a little narrower on the Guard/tote and a little shorter to allow the hood to open. I'd like to find a source for different spring latches for that as well, similar to the ones for the brackets, just smaller dia. (3/8" or 1/2")

Maybe we can work something out there. Shipping will be expensive though! Are you wanting it for your 110? I will change the design some, a little narrower on the Guard/tote and a little shorter to allow the hood to open. I'd like to find a source for different spring latches for that as well, similar to the ones for the brackets, just smaller dia. (3/8" or 1/2")
Yeah it would be for the 110

I'll see about some new measurements for the Guard to clear the hood and to narrow it to match the body width. That will tell me how much material I'll need for that. It will be the hardest to make with the bends and welding!

Kenny, here's a couple quick pictures of my JD weight bracket. It fits on both the closed frame and open frame tractirs that I have, 110-318, 332. You can see how they used an angle cut piece to miss the bolts on the frame for the sides. I can get you measurements if you want.

IMG_20190115_081143782.jpgIMG_20190115_081152764.jpg

Back