JD 112 Brush Guard/Tote Build

I downloaded your drawing Kenny. Nice picture no measurements. Don
Yeah, I wanted to be sure the design was okay first. I can put the measurements on once I think that's the final design. Also, will depend if the brackets will be for the tote or front weights. Another thing to consider is the width of the frame for the tractor. The 112 and 316 I have are both 13.75" wide. Not sure of that width on different years/models. The 112 is a '74, the 316 is an '86. The drawing I have for the 322 weight bracket has different mounting hole locations than these.

Last edited:
Since I am still in R&D mode, I did some more SketchUp drawing for your viewing pleasure. I have the Weight Bracket made up along with the Tote/Guard.
ND Weight Bracket.jpg

And the Tote.
ND Tote Bracket.jpg Tote Down.jpg Tote Up.jpg

If everyone is happy with the design, I'll be adding dimensions to the drawings. Before I send any of the Tote parts out, I will build one up for a test fit on my 112 to see if anything is an issue.

I am not happy with how the build turned out so I am going to rework the tote part to be like what I have drawn out. I am working on a set of 3/8" spring latches for the tote also. This will tell me if the hood can be opened with the tote up too. Stay tuned, may take a bit with the cold weather.

I am not happy with how the build turned out so I am going to rework the tote part to be like what I have drawn out. I am working on a set of 3/8" spring latches for the tote also. This will tell me if the hood can be opened with the tote up too. Stay tuned, may take a bit with the cold weather.
Nicely done Kenny.. Impressed.. Didn't know you were into CAD.

Nicely done Kenny.. Impressed.. Didn't know you were into CAD.
That is SketchUp Free. I do decent with it.

Nice Kenny.

how to you export out of Sketch?
I just do a Print Preview and do a print screen from that. Use PhotoScape to resize the pics. Then an Open Office file that I paste the pics into. Convert to PDF and I'm done.

The weather was cooperative today. Went out and got a fire going. Got set up to tack weld the tote back together.
DSCN4428.JPG DSCN4429.JPG DSCN4430.JPG

I then cut the old mounting bracket back apart and cleaned it up for a test drive! First is a pic of the open hood without the tote. Then I clamped the parts on and checked for ability to open the hood.
DSCN4431.JPG DSCN4432.JPG DSCN4433.JPG

Hood open just fine, just not as far! But the two outside parts of the tote may need to be just a bit shorter as they do contact the hood when open.
DSCN4434.JPG

I think I have things pretty well figured out and can now weld things together.

Back