JD X304

Governor arm will come in the mail this morning, UPS will deliver the gasket and seal later this afternoon. Shop gets to about 95F inside around 2-2:30 PM, so I head into the house. May go ahead and pop the engine open today and get a look at the governor in there. Then I can put it back togetheer tomorrow morning and maybe have it mostly installed on the mower before it gets too hot.

Got the pan off. Cannot see any issues with the governor. Think the arm was mis-adjusted and way over tightened. 1st, 2nd and 4th pics are what is in the engine. Other 2 are what I just received. But, I did go ahead and swap them out as the 'cone?' seemed to have less wear.
DSCN0271.JPG DSCN0272.JPG DSCN0273.JPG DSCN0274.JPG DSCN0275.JPG

Started early this morning due to heat. Got the pan back on and the governor adjusted per what Instructions I had.
DSCN0276.JPG DSCN0277.JPG

Set the engine back on the frame and buttoned it up.
DSCN0278.JPG DSCN0279.JPG

Hooked everything back up. Fired it off and back to square one. NO throttle response at all. Runs at about 1/2-2/3 throttle and that's it. Gotta be something about that governor as that controls the throttle. I'm at a loss here!

I just read most Kawasaki’s governor adjust is counter clockwise instead of clockwise like on most other engines. The guy said he has seen several come in to his shop with this problem.

Knowing what Kenny has already done inside my thoughts are outside. I’ve had a few Kawasaki engines and they have a more complicated throttle, governor, linkages and springs.

Not to sound dumb on my part but the butterfly in the carburetor isn't frozen is it..?
Yes, the butterfly is working.

Knowing what Kenny has already done inside my thoughts are outside. I’ve had a few Kawasaki engines and they have a more complicated throttle, governor, linkages and springs.
I'm begining to think that's where the issue is.

I’m wondering if the Governor linkage rod is a bend type thing to do adjustments. Had to ask. Some things I’ve seen on stuff, you bend a rod for adjustments.

Noel
The governor adjusts just like a Kohler.

Went over to a green tractor site and am getting some help there. Have some reading to do so I understand things. These engines are weird compared to Kohler & B&S.

Back