Massey Harris Pony Renovation.

Hey Jonnyboy,

Ever hear of a French Canadian comedy troupe named Tetes a claques? When I see your username I am reminded of Jonnyboy from Tetes a claques. It is hilarious.

Went out today with the sole thing I wanted to do was get a picture of the Ponys foot rest. I sure don't know what I was thinking abut there being a foot rest because there isn't one. You can see the angle iron cross bar has wear where i rest my foot on it.

Well maybe it was the Pacer and once again there is no foot rest there either.

I think of the tractor I had seen that had foot rest but it sure wasn't the Pony or Pacer.

:D Al

Went out today with the sole thing I wanted to do was get a picture of the Ponys foot rest. I sure don't know what I was thinking abut there being a foot rest because there isn't one. You can see the angle iron cross bar has wear where i rest my foot on it.

Well maybe it was the Pacer and once again there is no foot rest there either.

I think of the tractor I had seen that had foot rest but it sure wasn't the Pony or Pacer.

I’m beginning to think that there isn’t one Al. I have found on You Tube a Scottish guy that has a French Pony 812 and have sent him an email but he’s yet to reply. Thanks for your trouble anyway

Would this be a correct manual for have?

Thanks for that Kenny. The French 812 has some different panels and there is no breather tube for the air cleaner.

Hope you can get an answer from some one.

Have you had any luck getting a parts manual?

I have found one over here in France but it’s going to be in French. That’s not to much of a problem but I am going to wait until the local Agricultural shows start up over here and hope to find one on a book stall. There are plenty for sale on the Net but the postage is extortionate.

Ya Shipping will kill ya on stuff.

Ordered a new gas cap for a poulan chain saw the cap was $3.00 total bill was $8.40 pretty big shipping cost for a tiny gas cap.

Ya Shipping will kill ya on stuff.

Ordered a new gas cap for a poulan chain saw the cap was $3.00 total bill was $8.40 pretty big shipping cost for a tiny gas cap.

I have seen a Pony manual to around 15 dollars and the postage to Europe is around 35 !!! Strangely I had a rather thick catalogue arrive from ‘Steiner’ tractor parts yesterday. It’s about an inch and a half in thickness. It was free and there was no postage charge . Bizarre..

Quick update on the Pony repaint. Just finished overhauling the hydraulic cylinder today . I had to replace the lower lever cams which were well past their best and rebushed the lever pin with an improvised bush. Seems to have removed all the slack now. Then it was onto the bonnet ( Hood) which I have started to rub down and sort out a couple of minor dents at the front end. Hopefully this week the temperatures will rise a tad and I can get some undercoat on the wheels, bonnet and tractor itself.

Attachments

• 06814AFF-2EB4-4692-A4FA-DC4B5A41B87C.jpeg
    06814AFF-2EB4-4692-A4FA-DC4B5A41B87C.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 8
  • B29C3538-D0E8-4161-8606-0F974516A8E1.jpeg
    B29C3538-D0E8-4161-8606-0F974516A8E1.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 8
It’s not so much the cold Al but we have had a lot of rain this past few weeks. My barn / workshop isn’t 100% damp free so I will have to wait for the weather to improve before I can start spraying but I have a lot of preparation to be getting on with.

Well was bound to happen sooner or latter this morning walking my oldest dog kid I slipped in the mud and landed mostly on my left butt cheek. Pup thought dad came down to my level to play but i got her fended off before she got the top side muddy.

But I couldn't get up in that slippery mess, only low crawl toan area with fall leaves laying on the ground where I was able to get back on my feet.

D am I sore now. 73 years old people should not get g]down and play like a rooting pig.

Well was bound to happen sooner or latter this morning walking my oldest dog kid I slipped in the mud and landed mostly on my left butt cheek. Pup thought dad came down to my level to play but i got her fended off before she got the top side muddy.

But I couldn't get up in that slippery mess, only low crawl toan area with fall leaves laying on the ground where I was able to get back on my feet.

D am I sore now. 73 years old people should not get g]down and play like a rooting pig.

Glad it didn't crack your pelvis or something else. The soft mud helped you there, but then if it wasn't muddy you wouldn't have slipped and fell in the first place!

Got that right.

Don't really think I liked falling either still sore today. Glad ya all liked it though!!!!!!!!!

Back