Massey Harris Pony Renovation.

How is the Pony progressing?

Al
Hi Al. The renovation is going well now. As you probably are aware we are in ‘Lockdown’ over here in France so I have made a lot of progress on preparing the panels , wings and iron work for painting. Unfortunately I have a damaged exhaust manifold but I have located one on the Internet. Not exactly what I wanted to pay out for but hey ho . The postal system over here is a bit slow due to Corona virus but the new manifold along with some paint and decals will be ordered later this week. How are you across the pond.

Attachments

• 08728CC7-9EBC-43EB-879A-B84E881BDF31.jpeg
    08728CC7-9EBC-43EB-879A-B84E881BDF31.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 4
  • D0F85C0D-8366-4254-AB3B-C65BEF35B03D.jpeg
    D0F85C0D-8366-4254-AB3B-C65BEF35B03D.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BD1D6342-05A7-4195-9135-32448CF945E0.jpeg
    BD1D6342-05A7-4195-9135-32448CF945E0.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 4
We also are on a stay at home order. Each state has their own rules, makes it hard to tell some one here in Michigan they can not take their power boat out fishing, when it is OK to do so in other states. You are not allowed to buy garden seeds from stores that also sell grocerys, people just don't get it that if you can't go to a stand alone nursey why you shouldn't be able to buy at a grocry store type.
Michigan now is the seconded worst state behind New York. We don't have a New York city type area but we do have 4 countys with lots of people living in apartments and have a shared stair well elavator.

Fact is my County had few cases till it started hitting all the old folks homes.

I am lucky to like out in the country. I have been working on a deer hunting blind and put it up on the stand yesterday with my Kubota's help.

First panal up the front.
xNvvuym.jpg

Finished.
vVHufbg.jpg

By the way you have the old girl starting to look forward to her new dress.

Al

We also are on a stay at home order. Each state has their own rules, makes it hard to tell some one here in Michigan they can not take their power boat out fishing, when it is OK to do so in other states. You are not allowed to buy garden seeds from stores that also sell grocerys, people just don't get it that if you can't go to a stand alone nursey why you shouldn't be able to buy at a grocry store type.
Michigan now is the seconded worst state behind New York. We don't have a New York city type area but we do have 4 countys with lots of people living in apartments and have a shared stair well elavator.

Fact is my County had few cases till it started hitting all the old folks homes.

I am lucky to like out in the country. I have been working on a deer hunting blind and put it up on the stand yesterday with my Kubota's help.

First panal up the front.
xNvvuym.jpg

Finished.
vVHufbg.jpg

By the way you have the old girl starting to look forward to her new dress.

Al
Nice photos Al. We are into our 5th week of lockdown here in France . My family members who are in the UK are a week or so behind us. There seems to be a high death rate in Care homes and Old people’s homes in the UK. Every death gets put down to Corona Virus but that just falsify’s the figures. The vast majority of deaths in the UK are with people with underlying heath problems. It’s a difficult one for sure. Here in France the vast majority are complying with the distancing and regulations regarding travel etc. We are basically only allowed out for shopping and an hour of exercise. So keeping occupied can be difficult. We have at least another three weeks of confinement so plenty of time to get some undercoat on the old Pony. Take care over there and stay safe.

Yes the underlying conditions seem to be some of the most attacked people by this virus. I do not believe that they are false recording the persons death. They have notheing to gain by doing so, I would not want to be go to a home if they were untruth full.
A week ago today come 9:00PM my brother who was fighting cancer for about 10 years passed away at home.

Here in Michigan we are allowed to go buy grocerys, get medicines from drug stores. Ride our bicycles, go for hikes/walks and several other things.
Golfers can play golf but not rent a cart or remove a flag from a hole and must stay 6' apart.

You can go fishing but can not use a gasoline powered boat.

They are attempting to have people not handle gasoline pumps, also can not hire the pros tomow your lawn and do the landscapeing work.

That caused protest in Lansing the state capital.

All fools I figure no mask elbow to elbow and of course no gloves.

Al

Yes the underlying conditions seem to be some of the most attacked people by this virus. I do not believe that they are false recording the persons death. They have notheing to gain by doing so, I would not want to be go to a home if they were untruth full.
A week ago today come 9:00PM my brother who was fighting cancer for about 10 years passed away at home.

Here in Michigan we are allowed to go buy grocerys, get medicines from drug stores. Ride our bicycles, go for hikes/walks and several other things.
Golfers can play golf but not rent a cart or remove a flag from a hole and must stay 6' apart.

You can go fishing but can not use a gasoline powered boat.

They are attempting to have people not handle gasoline pumps, also can not hire the pros tomow your lawn and do the landscapeing work.

That caused protest in Lansing the state capital.

All fools I figure no mask elbow to elbow and of course no gloves.

Al
Sorry to hear of your loss Al. Cancer is a right bastard. I was watching the UK evening news earlier and a top doctor said that cancer patients in the very early stages are not getting referred at the moment because of the virus. He estimates that over the next year or so upwards of 50,000 people will die from not getting treatment. He also estimates that only a maximum of 30,000 will die from Corona Virus. Makes you think a bit. I am thankful we live in a fairly remote rural area where there is a low level of human traffic. I went to our local supermarket this morning. Only my second journey out over the last six weeks and was amazed at the amount of people that were unprotected . It’s not that difficult to put a protective mask on and gloves for Christ sake.

I agree glad we are rual also. yes the invincable here also are not wearing mask or gloves. Of course the mask used by the adverage citizens do not protect them so much. It helps protect others from those, possiable carriers who don't know it since they show no signs.
I agree with throwing them all in a cell together for a bit.

Al

Last edited:
I agree glad we are rual also. yes the invincable here also are not wearing mask or gloves. Of course the mask used by the adverage citizens do not protect them so much. It helps protect others from those, possiable carriers who don't know it since they show no signs.
I agree with throwing them all in a cell together for a bit.

Al
There is talk that President Macron is going to relax some travel orders on May 11th. I’m not quite sure how that’s going to work but hey ho. On his head be it as they say . Back into the barn today hopefully to finish the last bit of preperation on th Pony’s front grill. There’s a small area where the rust has eaten through so that has to be attended to. Stay safe and stay home Al.

Ya I am staying home and safe. If it ever warms up I am getting my car out and lift it so I can do POR 15 on the under side and frame rails. Appears there are not going to be to many shows this summer. Just got notice end of July show we like was cancled.

Al

Ya I am staying home and safe. If it ever warms up I am getting my car out and lift it so I can do POR 15 on the under side and frame rails. Appears there are not going to be to many shows this summer. Just got notice end of July show we like was cancled.

Al
That’s a nice looking Buick Al. What year is it.?

It is a 1985 LeSabre (last year of rear wheel drive) collectors edition Limited.

3aL0nUK.jpg

It belonged my wifes mother, I seen when she had it 3 days and fell in love with it.

I was not married then and like to tell people i got married so it would be easier to keep track of.

I have found at 73 I like taking it to shows a lot better than tractors. No chains to lug about on hot days, the Buick has Air, and even cruise control.

Al

That’s one way of getting hold of a motor Al. Hopefully you may get some shows in later in the summer if this Virus gives everybody a break.

Hopefully but if not I won't get rubbing elbow :thumbs:.

I have a close friend with a a couple of his own, have talked to him about us going on a rural road drive to a town on the river and back.

Al

Morning Al. Well The French government has made an announcement on Tuesday evening making plans beyond May11 th. There is going to be some relaxing on the size of groups getting together. A maximum of 10 people apparently and then there is going to be a huge range of testing for infection ..The results will then determine if the lockdown can be relaxed. We personally do not think it’s a good idea at this stage to ease restrictions as infection is still high ..Isolation has kept the infection rate at a controlled level so letting people get together all be it in small groups isn’t such a good idea...On the renovation front the weather is poor here and the air is damp so no spraying of the undercoat as yet on the tractor ...Hopefully the rain will disappear and I can crack on.

Yes there are Fools here defieng the stay at home order and 6 foot distance and no groups larger than ten.

The curve is leveling out but many want their childish way and do what they have did all their life.
The blond bimbo our presidant is egging those people on telling them to protest. He wants the country back to work, a Dam the torpedos full speed ahead approch.

I suppose could be worse, I would probably be dead already in Sweden, being a 73 year old fat guy with diabetes.

We are having a awful time putting two dry days together with out a cold north wind. I wish Canada would keep their cold winds to them selves.

If we can line up a pair of warm dry sunny days in a row I am going to start Painting POR 15 on the under side of the Buick.

Al

Afternoon Al. Well yesterday the sun returned and I have managed to get the first undercoat on the old girl. Now that I know how much paint the job is going to take I can order some more undercoat and some top coat. The paint here in France is damned expensive but then what isn’t. It’s quite satisfying getting some new paint on the Pony but it’s worth it.

Attachments

• EBD481F7-36CA-4DE5-ADF1-533AD6ADD3D7.jpeg
    EBD481F7-36CA-4DE5-ADF1-533AD6ADD3D7.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 9858C435-00AA-454C-9002-2E297D53A4EC.jpeg
    9858C435-00AA-454C-9002-2E297D53A4EC.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 3
  • EB088678-5AD9-4221-B773-707B71EE5297.jpeg
    EB088678-5AD9-4221-B773-707B71EE5297.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 4
  • B5AACAA9-E819-4B0E-BC8D-F9BA2B983E70.jpeg
    B5AACAA9-E819-4B0E-BC8D-F9BA2B983E70.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 4
Can't wait to see the paint job. Looks like your getting along great. Weather here in PEI is slow to warm up. Rain and snow today. We are allowed group of 5 or less outside now in the first return to some what normal phase. We have three to four phases to go through. Each Phase is three week period. If the cases of the virus goes back up, the phases will change. I have the box off my truck doing rust repair. Truck needed a little rust fixed up too. Have a good day Jonnyboy.

Noel

Can't wait to see the paint job. Looks like your getting along great. Weather here in PEI is slow to warm up. Rain and snow today. We are allowed group of 5 or less outside now in the first return to some what normal phase. We have three to four phases to go through. Each Phase is three week period. If the cases of the virus goes back up, the phases will change. I have the box off my truck doing rust repair. Truck needed a little rust fixed up too. Have a good day Jonnyboy.

Noel
Hi Noel. We are into our eighth week of lockdown but there is talk of relaxing the confinement to meetings if no more than ten people This will depend on results from infection rates etc. The sun is still up here at 19.02 and it’s been anothervdry day which is a bonus. Good luck with your truck. John.

Back