Mini Cultivator

chieffan

Tractorologist
My biggest hang up on these battery operated tools is the battery use time and longevity of the battery. If they are not used much any battery will last a long time. If a battery operated tool quits running, 90% of the time your not going to fix it yourself. At least I am not a qualified electrician to work on them but can get a gas one back going again and have done so more than once. Old fashon people have old fashion ways.

grnspot110

Tractorologist
I have an Earthquake brand from Menards. I bought it several years ago after the one I had made by MTD had to be trashed due to a NLA plastic gear. Only problem I've had with the Earthquake was rotted fuel line grommet coming out of the tank.

ol' stonebreaker

Tractorologist
For the same cost as a carb kit I ordered new carbs for my Mantis and Echo weed eater a few yrs ago and they both still start easy and run fine. I believe the non ethanol gas is a big plus factor too.

TAHOE

Tractorologist
I think I'm on borrowed time with the Craftsman, I hear the little gear box locks up, they get hot and they have no way to add fluid.
Funny, I posted this, last summer my son was using the Craftsman and tines quit turning. We took it apart, the drive gear off the motor has no more teeth. Hated to junk it as it ran good, but new gear box is more than I'm going to spend. Still using the Mantis.

Sawdust

Tractorologist
Funny, I posted this, last summer my son was using the Craftsman and tines quit turning. We took it apart, the drive gear off the motor has no more teeth. Hated to junk it as it ran good, but new gear box is more than I'm going to spend. Still using the Mantis.
That’s why I bought a new one. A couple of YouTube videos showed the gear with no teeth and a lot of money to replace it. Like you I have a good running little engine and nothing to do with it.

Sawdust

Tractorologist
Well one problem I just experienced with this new 4 cycle cultivator is don’t look for the colored gas filling up in the tank...it’s not there. Can you guess what I did. Another bad thing I was using my battery operated transfer pump which pumps fast. :eek: