Mini Cultivator

Same here Roger it seems like the last few years I don’t have the patience I use to have with people. No body cares about the customer anymore once they get your money.

Chris that’s the feeling I got from them like my problem didn’t matter to anybody. Customer service people are taught or trained to give people the runaround hoping after a couple of times they go away. When I asked them mechanical questions they got lost real fast.

The shop I took it too was two weeks behind on their repair work but he still made time for me not expecting anything. He’s got a website and a Facebook page so I’m going to give him some good reviews and visit from time to time.

No body cares about the customer anymore once they get your money.

Chris that’s the feeling I got from them like my problem didn’t matter to anybody. Customer service people are taught or trained to give people the runaround hoping after a couple of times they go away. When I asked them mechanical questions they got lost real fast.

That is the truth. And it doesn’t matter what your dealing with or where it’s located.

Noel

The shop I took it too was two weeks behind on their repair work but he still made time for me not expecting anything. He’s got a website and a Facebook page so I’m going to give him some good reviews and visit from time to time.
Probably waiting for parts to arrive on the waiting time. Sounds like a good place to keep a relationship with.

Same here Roger it seems like the last few years I don’t have the patience I use to have with people. No body cares about the customer anymore once they get your money.

I knew a man who answered the costumer support lines for a big phone/internet company. His job was to take your complaint and sell you something. If he could sell you another product or service he got a commission. Otherwise he just got his minimum wage. After waasting as much of your time as possible if you still hadn't given up he would put you on hold to wait for a real support person who at least might know how to use a phone and it would be his job to decide if you truly needed a support professional. About the year 2000 that company decided the US customers would be better served by people in India.
Don

I picked up the new replacement tiller this morning. It had a big rip on one side of the box so I opened it to make sure it was ok and it’s fine. I won’t be needing this for awhile so I’m thinking about a couple of options. One is to see if I can clean that oil out of the cylinder on the old one and see if it’ll free up enough to start. Another option I thought about is the Husky has a bad gear that turns the tines but the engine is good. Maybe I can replace the bad engine with the one off of the Husky. Either one of these options would allow me to sell this new one I just got. I don’t think these are that dependable and if something happens to this new one I can’t imagine the red tape I would have to go through to get it fixed. I’ll sleep on it for a few days.
61FDD890-5109-4C5A-9E7D-97CB3205D470.jpeg

I picked up the new replacement tiller this morning. It had a big rip on one side of the box so I opened it to make sure it was ok and it’s fine. I won’t be needing this for awhile so I’m thinking about a couple of options. One is to see if I can clean that oil out of the cylinder on the old one and see if it’ll free up enough to start. Another option I thought about is the Husky has a bad gear that turns the tines but the engine is good. Maybe I can replace the bad engine with the one off of the Husky. Either one of these options would allow me to sell this new one I just got. I don’t think these are that dependable and if something happens to this new one I can’t imagine the red tape I would have to go through to get it fixed. I’ll sleep on it for a few days.
View attachment 50133
I talked about that Honda mini tiller that I got and sold recently. Seen where guys really like these little motors on bicycles. Not sure how they mount them or anything but very desirable.

I got the bad tiller out and pulled the plug out so it could drain. While that was draining I took the cover and recoil assembly off to expose the top of the drive shaft. On top of the shaft is what they call the recoil clutch. It’s not much more than a large bottle cap with self tapping threads screwed down on the drive shaft. There is only about 3/8” of threads for this to screw onto.
8E039124-18B7-42B3-A710-EB9755E0CB4D.jpeg
It spins freely now do to me trying to pull the rope. I tried backing it off by jamming the engine and turning it counter clockwise but it wouldn’t grab enough threads to screw its self off. This part is only $8. plus shipping. I found a metric nut and screwed it on top of the recoil clutch which only had about 3/16” of threads expose. It tightened up good enough to keep the recoil clutch tight against the drive shaft. I finished cleaning up the oil and the spark plug and it started. It doesn’t seem to be damaged. I let it idle for about 20 minutes revving it up a few times. I guess I’ll know how well it’s going to work when things dry up enough to use it.

Well I feel a lot better now over this debacle. I ran an ad to sell this new one for $225. I had a couple of low ball offers but a guy Saturday asked if I could sell it for $200. so I did. My other one wouldn’t start last week and I found the fuel line had a crack in it where it goes into the tank. I replaced that and it’s good to go again.

Back again with another problem. I’m going to be cultivating the peppers and tomatoes in a couple of days. I got it out last week to check it over. The recoil starter would not engage to turn the engine. I pulled it off and couldn’t find anything wrong or how it catches the engine to turn it. I did a search for one and they cost $30. plus $8. shipping. I noticed the new one had catch pins inside and mine don’t have them. Now where did they go, not a trace anywhere it’s like they disappeared. They had to be in there at one time. Here is a pic of mine compared to the new one.
DBD0A3F2-B3FB-4E08-88D8-C4E8A0E085E3.jpeg7AD97F3E-3B8F-4325-A6BF-44B3CADB6727.png
I took a piece of a metal hanger and bent a couple of pins. I’m not sure how long this will last but it works fine. The little booger fired right up and running well.
D75C53A7-EEA5-47A7-96CA-74F5A9C01C97.jpegF6495D3F-DB63-4E4E-AA2F-2F9D17A7EDC8.jpeg1490C25A-E566-4BCD-86C6-75E37C030B84.jpeg

Back