My Roper 16T restore project

Cut the converter out and put a piece of exhaust pipe in there, then sell the converter. Been done as a common practice for years. I can't work over my head to make the cuts any more or would have done it to mine and probably not have traded it off.

Hope that takes care of your issue. Those things are a real pain to work on try to figure out why it does some of the things they do. As far as I know the only way gas can get to the engine is through the carb. Carb overflow goes into the cylinder, through an open valve and into the crankcase. Been wrong before so could be again now.

Hope that takes care of your issue. Those things are a real pain to work on try to figure out why it does some of the things they do. As far as I know the only way gas can get to the engine is through the carb. Carb overflow goes into the cylinder, through an open valve and into the crankcase. Been wrong before so could be again now.
Well, I put a fuel cut-off prior to the fuel pump so no gas to the pump or carb as long as I remember to use it.

On the aftermarket carb I got for mine I had to adjust the float so the fuel level was at the bowl carb body joint. As it came to me the float was to high and fuel would run out the overflow all the time the engine was running. Never had any gas in the oil though.

On the aftermarket carb I got for mine I had to adjust the float so the fuel level was at the bowl carb body joint. As it came to me the float was to high and fuel would run out the overflow all the time the engine was running. Never had any gas in the oil though.
One of the aftermarket carbs did the same thing after I ran it dry. Float stuck open and fuel came out the over flow. I am now questioning if that card was bad. The only other way's for gas to get in is through the pump, or canister. I deleted the canister. Fuel pump provided 1.5 PSI and after a couple hours I loose 0.2 PSI. I added a second cut-off to release this pressure.

Back