New to me Woodburner

That is what I do in my little 12 X 12 basement shop. Can always play with the metal lathe. That always eats up a bunch of time. Or shoot some pool, throw a few darts, look through some tractor books, etc. etc. We all need a place to go hide once in a while.

When I first start out in life I lived in a horrible 1 bedroom apartment on the second floor. I unhooked the thermostat so it wouldnt run the heat.

The downstairs apartment heated my apartment. But it was never above 55 in my apartment. I sat in there wearing carhart coveralls and slept with a heater blanket and full pajamas.

Wonderous time of being 19 and super cheap.

We have a programmable thermostat but found it is off about 4°, reads warmer than it actually is. We used to leave it around 60° but can't handle that any more. 60° at night and around 66-67° for daytime is just right. Good joke there Cvans.

That was meant to be a joke. Sorry.
Our home is usually between 67 and 68 degs. We turn it down at night to around 64 or 65 degs. I'd have hypothermia in a 40 deg. house. :eek:

I gave you an LOL! No apology needed! I do know a guy that keeps his house below 60 during the winter, and the weird part is he has lots of money! I suppose things like that is why.

DAC

I fired up the burner this morning. More to get the chill off and let me learn how to set it for the best heat gain. It has a fan blowing through 4 tubes inside plus I added another hanging behind blowing down and across the floor to keep my toes warm.
DSCN4801.JPG DSCN4802.JPG

Keeps the coffee nice and warm, too!

Looking good there Kenny. How far off the floor do you have it? Insurance company I worked for required brick laid on edge with either a steel plate of a standard floor area for the stove to sit on. Air movement through the holes in the brick kepled keep the floor temp way down and the floor warmer in the room. Don't know how well it work but that is they way they wanted it.

Looking good there Kenny. How far off the floor do you have it? Insurance company I worked for required brick laid on edge with either a steel plate of a standard floor area for the stove to sit on. Air movement through the holes in the brick kepled keep the floor temp way down and the floor warmer in the room. Don't know how well it work but that is they way they wanted it.
It's sitting on 2" thick concrete pavers on gravel, so no floor issues under it. I have the Hardi-Backer boards behind it on the walls. Shouldn't be a problem.

Since today is the last decent day for a while, I got the 316 out and swapped the fork lift for the trailer ball attachment. Went out back and hooked the wood splitter up. Got it backed in front of the wood racks and commenced to split wood. This is Hackberry and Bradford Pear I have gathered.
DSCN4926.JPG DSCN4927.JPG DSCN4928.JPG

Some pics of the smaller stuff.
DSCN4929.JPG DSCN4930.JPG

More of what I split.
DSCN4931.JPG

Took the splitter back home and hooked up the fork lift to bring more wood inside.
DSCN4932.JPG DSCN4933.JPG

All covered up/stacked and ready for this weeks weather.
DSCN4934.JPG

Nice collection of wood there , so i guess i'm lucky in some ways as i can go cut and haul firewood pretty much any time of the year , I like the wood racks you have made it keeps it all tidy instead of thrown into messy piles

Shane

I usually Stack a couple weeks supply or more in the mud room. Carry it in around the corner to the fireplace rack, usually one rack will run two evenings easily. I rented a wood spliter that would go horizontal or vertical. Had small wheels on it and did not like it at all. That was about 15 years ago when I was in a lot better shape too. Way to much bending down for me. Built mine with the top of the H beam about 30" off the ground. Rack under the splitting wedge keeps the split wood off the ground so no bending to pick it up either.

Back