New work bench for the shipping container

A 20' x 20' area would be plenty big enough.
You might want to rethink that. For years I worked in an 18' x 20' shop. The 20 wide was fine but the 18' length was way too short. With anything hanging on the walls it was to short for even a small car. I would make it at least 24' long and you won't regret it the first time you have to split even a small tractor.
Just saying life is too short for a short shop! :eek:

You might want to rethink that. For years I worked in an 18' x 20' shop. The 20 wide was fine but the 18' length was way too short. With anything hanging on the walls it was to short for even a small car. I would make it at least 24' long and you won't regret it the first time you have to split even a small tractor.
Just saying life is too short for a short shop! :eek:
We have an area where the bridge crane is at in what used to be a 18' x 50' lean-to that is closed in now and could be divided up into a 18' x 30' and a 18' x 20". Of course, the whole area is covered in cr@p. My paint booth area is 12' wide and can be set up at 18'-22' long or more if needed. That is if all of the junk is moved out of the way. You may notice a theme with our shop, its junk and cr@p also known as assets. ;)

My fuel transfer pump arrived today. I put two D-Cell batteries in it and the pump runs. Now I need to try it out, probably tomorrow. I'll try to shoot a short video of it running. This has an auto-shutoff feature, if it works.

Attachments

• 100_5836-m.jpg
    100_5836-m.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_5837-m.jpg
    100_5837-m.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_5838-m.jpg
    100_5838-m.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3
I like the way it drains back when the switch is turned off. Eliminates a mess.
It has an auto shut-off feature also but haven't tried it out yet. Want to be in a place where it won't make a mess if it doesn't work right.

After filling up the fuel I let it run for 1.5 hrs. Outside temp was 46°F and the container said 60°F. At the bench the heater controller said 20°C so 70°F. Tools and the chainsaw on the bench were nice and warm.

Last edited:
It has an auto shut-off feature also but haven't tried it out yet. Want to be in a place where it won't make a mess if it doesn't work right.

After filling up the fuel I let it run for 1.5 hrs. Outside temp was 46°F and the container said 60°F. At the bench the heater controller said 20°C so 70°F. Tools and the chainsaw on the bench were nice and warm.
That pump looks like it works great, CJet! I have an old bulb squeeze siphon kerosene pump that always bails me out when I need to transfer fuel but it's time to upgrade! That thing is 35 years old. Yours looks like a good one to buy!

DAC

Where did you get the pump & how much
HF has them with over 6k reviews for around $13. I got two from an online store for around $10. not realizing they were coming from a slow boat in China but it has been good. I’ve not used the other one yet.

I use the battery pumps similar to the ones above from Harbor Freight. Generally try to get them on sale. And no the HF ones do not last for crap. Use to be around 6-8 bucks on sale but see they are up to $12 now. Cheap but that's all I can say. Even tried the brand Ace Hardware sells ($20) and they're junk too. Not real fast either especially if you're pumping up hill a little.. Think they're only rated about 1 gallon a minute . And it better be a good battery.
You're going to find most look the same and built the same with prices ranging all over the place..

I use the battery pumps similar to the ones above from Harbor Freight. Generally try to get them on sale. And no the HF ones do not last for crap. Use to be around 6-8 bucks on sale but see they are up to $12 now. Cheap but that's all I can say. Even tried the brand Ace Hardware sells ($20) and they're junk too. Not real fast either especially if you're pumping up hill a little.. Think they're only rated about 1 gallon a minute . And it better be a good battery.
You're going to find most look the same and built the same with prices ranging all over the place..
They say this one is good for 2.3 gpm. I don't know if its quite that much but did pump better and faster than I expected. The big unknown is how long will it last. Being a cheap Chinese pump I wasn't expecting much.

Back