New year new remodel projects.

Your doing a fine job & saving a fortune. Been doing this stuff for 35 years never seen a square house. Worst house I ever trimmed was the most expensive home 1.4 million 20 years ago. I hung a bank of mahogany wall cabinets about 14' long. You could slide your fingers between the back of the cabinets & wall. Buying your cabinets the way you did you can tweak them to look three times the price. Since you have oak fronts think about a transparent stain so the grain peeps through a little. Hardware can make a cabinet pop too. Working on other peoples homes for a living then coming home to work on mine was always hard for me. Drywall is second worse to painting for me. Your rewards will be well worth your efforts when your done.

Stage one is complete. Wet sanded with a sponge. Primed. Old 1992 fridge in place for now. Going to buy a new fridge and new over the range microwave when its complete.

We always wanted a new fridge but hole was only 30" wide for the fridge. Now its 36" so I can fit a big fridge in there

Wife wants to paint and not stain the cabinets. Not sure on this yet. I like the idea as it's less work for me.

20190113_151111.jpg

Your doing a fine job & saving a fortune. Been doing this stuff for 35 years never seen a square house. Worst house I ever trimmed was the most expensive home 1.4 million 20 years ago. I hung a bank of mahogany wall cabinets about 14' long. You could slide your fingers between the back of the cabinets & wall. Buying your cabinets the way you did you can tweak them to look three times the price. Since you have oak fronts think about a transparent stain so the grain peeps through a little. Hardware can make a cabinet pop too. Working on other peoples homes for a living then coming home to work on mine was always hard for me. Drywall is second worse to painting for me. Your rewards will be well worth your efforts when your done.

Thanks! Right now I'm about 800 in. A few hundred more to spend on some more drywall and stuff.

I agree with stain. I have sometime to work on her about it. But I'm ok with whatever.

A good friend of mine wifes paint over solid oak cabinets that they paid a lot of money for. I told him his was crazy...

looking good Aaron, I have the same issue with fridge, my opening is only 31". I am able to put a smaller cabinet if we ever need a new fridge.

Back