Picked up these two Sears today....

I stay pretty close to stock on most of the tractors Ive had because that sells better, and the Columbia is close to stock.... the RaM is far from it tho... the chrome Kohler came off a Cub Original puller project someone never finished and then sold to his buddy who later sold it to me for next to nothing. I kept the motor and still doubled my money selling the 'O' to a collector. I figured out later that the motor, a K181/8hp, was built by Brian Miller and he told me it dyno'd at almost 14hp, but he wouldnt tell me what his customer spent on it... Im guessing ALOT. Lol .... The rear diff is out of an old 3 wheeler ATV... the oem diff had a woodruff key that too often needed to be replaced, and it has a F/R gearbox that isnt oem, a battery box and a couple chain covers that I built, polished brass dash panel and a polished aluminum hood because the grill had to move forward to clear the starter...... and it is Still a work in progress... little much for a wagon puller maybe but it is fun. ;)

Last edited:
Might have a guy come out and look at buying the gt18 for $500 later today.... but Im not sure if its the right machine for him.... he has never owned an older GT but he saw the ad on marketplace and he's hoping for a cheap snowblower solution.

I advertised it on a local GT facebook site as a resto project but that marketplace thing seems to grab your ads and show them to most anybody.... so most of the replies Ive gotten are from people who, first off, apparantly cant read, and think they should be able to blow snow with it as is. I think it needs a very thorough going over which may be beyond his mechanical abilities and Im just not sure I want to sell it to somebody like that.... and I did tell him on the phone yesterday that this may be more work and cost than he is ready for, but... he claims he has a good mechanic/fabricator if needed.... I hope the guy works cheap because I think there is still alot of hours involved before this rig is ready to work.

016.JPG

thx... hopefully that was just the first of many more sales out of the new shop... apparantly someone rear ended the guys trailer on the way here and bent his hitch on the car.... just one of those small 1" receiver hitch rigs.... so he ended up leaving his trailer here until the weekend.... but I got the cash so its a done deal..... now 222 running tractors sold to date :D

After he left I had to go over to the landscapers shop and check out some damage the hired help did to the Gravely 48" ZT... not sure what they hit but the blower unit for the bagger is knocked half off and there is a substantial vibration + noise in the deck so that thing is probably done for this season... it is a well built machine but these guys are hard on equipment... I chatted with the boss lady for a bit and we are thinking it might be time to sell it so I will go thru it this winter and sell it in the spring, I'll get paid to fix it and then get a little cut out of the sale price aswell.

so now... as soon this guy gets his gt18 out of my shop I can bring in the gt19.9... it doesnt need alof of cosmetic work, replace the belts, maybe some minor wiring issues. the deck will need a full rebuild, I'll put the 3pt on it and make up what few pieces that needs, add the cultivator and some atv tires with wheel weights, needs a new seat cover.... should be about it I think.

Last edited:
Back